Sign in to follow this  
Lite

Simple Third Person?

Posted (edited)

This would be a cool thing to allow players to see the world in a different perspective. You could edit the amount a player can zoom out so it doesn't get exploited. It is very easy for you guys to put in parameters that only allow a certain zoom length. The cars are more exploitable than this addon.

Here is a link to the addon in the community workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=207948202

Edited by Lite

Personally i don't think there is a reason to have third person. But i do know some people might want to have this addon.

1 minute ago, Bubba said:

Personally i don't think there is a reason to have third person. But i do know some people might want to have this addon.

It's good for people that want to se  their playermodel, or people that are used to third person games.

-1 Easily abuse able in raids and for metagaming someone could use this the same way cameras can be abused except more easily and unnoticeable very bad idea, maybe for a server like ttt deathrun prophunt murder or other gamemodes but in rp servers it ruins the RolePlay

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kil said:

-1 Easily abuse able in raids and for metagaming someone could use this the same way cameras can be abused except more easily and unnoticeable very bad idea, maybe for a server like ttt deathrun prophunt murder or other gamemodes but in rp servers it ruins the RolePlay

Like I said in the post, it can be easily edited to be unexploitable. The cars are more exploitable with their zooming abilities in third person. Look in the description of the addon and it will make what your saying obsolete. The server convars can be edited so that there is a max zoom distance from the player. It can also be edited so people cannot enable no collide that way it wont allow people to see into bases etc.

Edited by Lite

still can be used to wait around a corner and then just peek and shoot or use it to look and see in the little slot where the pd is. my main point is it just ruins RP in general. there is just too many ways for it too be abused