Mikey_P_02 T-Mod Application

MikeyP

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?  Mikey Freeman

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.   https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101181035/   If this link does not work please lmk.

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)    Mikey_P_02 #3852 (best way to reach out to me)

a4) What timezone are you located in? Eastern Standard Time (EST)

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? None

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? No

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? I have a lot of prior staff experience. I am currently the Staff Manager on a new server that is starting up called Travint RP, but is not doing so well at the moment. I have also been a moderator/admin on other servers with the owners of Ryse, Promote, Demote. I do not remember the names of the server as they are not significant to me anymore. I will provide them if I happen to remember. 

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I would like to volunteer for XenoRP because:

1) with this pandemic I have literally nothing to do.

2) I want to get into Garry's Mod a little more as a game in general.

3) I feel I can bring positive energy to the server.

4) I have much experience with ulx commands. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I think I would be a great moderator because I have much experience with ulx commands, I personally believe I am a fair moderator in admin sits (I always try to be fair/reasonable), although I have not played on the server recently, This has always been one of the best servers that I have always played on, this server has a great staff team and it would be an honor to be a part of it because this server has been up for as long as I can remember. 

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM = Random Death Match

RDA = Random Death Attempt

First offence the player should be jailed for 2 minutes depending on how many other players were killed. Second offence they should be warned. Third offense player should be kicked. Fourth offense player should be banned for 3 hours - 3 days. (Thats being nice)

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR = New Life Rule

NLR is something that cant be broken, if the NLR rule is violated then there is going to be problems. NLR is a minimum of 120 seconds (2 minutes) on this server. If a players base is currently being raided, and one of the raiders have killed the owner of that base then that player is subject to NLR for 2 minutes. The player may not return otherwise it will be violated. 

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame = When a player uses their real life knowledge to decide their actions in the game. 

This would occur when you and your friend are in a discord call, and he is a thief and you are a police officer, you happen hear from the thief that player x has money printers in his/her base, that is going though an outside source saying that they have something illegal, and will help the police officer but not the other player. Sometimes can be hard to find out. 

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

How I personally would react is to take screenshots/screen recording and send it to the owner and explain what has/is happening. I would not approach them myself, resulting in me being a target. I would like to keep those kinds of things confidential, so that my name isn't being put out there. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

How I would handle this kind of situation is by excusing myself for 2 seconds, I would jail and strip the RDM'er of all his weapons, excuse myself again from the sit and continue the current sit that I was in. The RDM'er will have to wait. If he leaves while I am still helping the first sit I was in then I will tell one of the higher up's and let them deal with it, as that may be out of my control. (every server is different with ranks and commands) 

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would verbally warn them saying "Hey x,y,/z, you can't build in the streets as it will result me in warning you in a prop blocking situation. If you wouldn't mind can you please despawn the following items, and you will be all good to go?" If they refuse then they will be warned for propblocking/spamming. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.