Odd's application

Thats Odd

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

That's Odd

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/oddname 

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Thats Odd#5240

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

I'm not too sure, but I believe it is at least above 15 right now

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

I've been banned many times, a good amount being for the warning threshold. Others being things like LTAP, RDA in a sit, etc.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I was staff on here a long time ago.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I've asked a lot of people on the server, mods and regular players if I should apply. Everyone I've asked so far has said that I should, so here I am.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I have the exact opposite of a normal sleep schedule, so I'm awake at times where there are a lot of minges that can't be dealt with, as the mods are asleep.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.
RDM, being either Random Deathmatch or Random Murder, is when a player kills another player without a valid in-game reason. A couple of examples are:

• Player 1 insults Player 2. Player 2 kills Player 1 for insulting him. 
  • Player 1 goes back to Player 2 and kills him for RDMing him before (Revenge RDM).
  • A player adverts Terror and kills a bunch of other players (Terror is not a valid advert).
  • A player adverts Counter to a raid, mug, kidnap, etc and doesn't have proper RP relation, i.e a Thief countering another Thief's mug on a Citizen.
  • A player kills another player for being in their base without a (valid) KOS sign.

RDA, short for Random Arrest, is when a player arrests another player without a valid in-game reason. It is similar to RDM in the possiblity of scenarios. Examples are:

• Player 1 insults Player 2. Player 2 arrests Player 1 for insulting him. 
  • Player is RDMed by Player 2. Player 1 goes back to Player 2 and arrests him (Revenge RDA).
  • There is no mayor, and the laws are cleared except for the first four. A civil protector spots players moving about with guns out, and arrests them for it.
  • A player points a gun at a civil protector, and said civil protector gives that player a "lawful order" to put the gun away and move away from them. The player
    does not comply, and the civil protector arrests the player.
  • A civil protector arrests a player for "loitering" in the police department lobby.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR, short for New Life Rule, states that when a player dies, they may not "remember" any aspect of their former life, and must RP as such. NLR also states 
that a player may not return to the area in which they died for 120 seconds. Examples of violating NLR are:

• A player is raided by a Thief. The player is killed by the Thief, then returns to the area of the raid and kills the Thief.
  • A civil protector is killed during a pd raid, and returns under the assumption that civil protectors are allowed to do so.
  • A player takes enough fall damage to die, then returns to said area.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame, is when a player uses information outside of their RP knowledge. This applies to many things, such as:

• A player uses the kill feed to see that their party member was killed, and then kills the person that killed said party member.
  • A civil protector arrests a Hitman for having the "Hit accepted!" text above their head.
  • A civil protector raids a players base for having meth, while the CP had not actually saw it, only going off of sound.
  • A civil protector knows that some jobs spawn with weapons. They use this to arrest any player that plays a job that spawns with a weapon.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I would gather evidence of them abusing, then contact an an Admin or Owner, then kick or ban the staff member abusing if possible (probably can't target them anyway).

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would jailtp the Mass RDMer, then, if necessary, check logs to confirm they were actually Mass RDMing. If so, I would ban them, and continue with my sit.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would tell them to stop. If they did not stop, I would warn them. If they continued, I would kick them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.