Jimble's Staff Re-Re-Application

Jimbles

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Jimbles

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

steamcommunity.com/id/socialanxietyattak

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Jimbles#3281

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

All sorts of reasons. Mistakes, warn limits, things I did when I was new to the server, and other stuff. (the ban for cheating was a mistake). I do know however that all of these were dumb decisions and Ive actively tried to avoid being warned since my last mod application.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I dont.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I just want to be the one to help others. Im on late most of the time and I see the server go downhill with no mods on and I want to just be there for the people who are really and honestly good intentioned. I have a strong sense of justice, and whenever I see someone ruining other peoples fun by breaking the rules its almost unbearable. I just want to help as much as I can. This is the only really quiet and non-obnoxious server ive found and Ive been on many other servers over the years. It just breaks my heart to see my favorite server fall into utter despair as soon as all the mods leave.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

Im on at times when no other mod is on and I like to investigate deeper than normal (ask both sides of the story, etc.). Im usually never interrupted by anything while im playing and when I do play I usually wont go off duty unless its been quiet for a while and theres another mod on or ive filled my quota (but even then Id still probably keep going). I also have a very high patience with people (studying to become a teacher, funny enough) and I usually never let my emotions get the best of me unless I want them to.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM means Random Deathmatch. RDM is when a player kills another player for no apparent reason or for the wrong reason, Ex: A player walks up to another and demands money over voicechat with no advert. When the other player doesnt comply, the mugger shoots him. Players who commit RDM should be punished with a warn. If consecutively continuing, they should be banned for up to 5 days. RRDM (Repeated Random Deathmatch) is when a player repeatedly kills another player for no reason, Ex: A player begins to kill another player as soon as he leaves spawn multiple times for raiding his base. Players who commit RRDM should be subject to a 5 day ban. MRDM (Mass Random Deathmatch) is when a player kills a large amount people for no reason, Ex: A player joins onto the server and begins to kill anyone he sees with a gun he buys. Players who commit MRDM should be subject to a 2 week ban.

RDA means Random Arrest. RDA is when a Civil Protection class arrests a player for no apparent reason or for the wrong reason, Ex: A Swat Assault arrests a hobo for being outside during a lockdown. Players who commit RDA should be punished with a warn. Players who continue to commit RDA consecutively should be banned for up to 5 days. RRDA (Repeated Random Arrest) is when a player repeatedly arrests another player for no reason, Ex: A Police Chief arrests a hitman and as soon as the hitman is out of jail they are arrested in spawn again by the same officer. Players who commit RRDA should be subject to a ban for 5 days. MRDA (Mass Random Arrest) is when a player (or a group of players) arrests a large amount of people for no good reason, Ex: A group of Civil Protection classes begin arresting everyone who leaves spawn instantly due to a lockdown. Players who commit MRDA should be subject to a 2 week ban.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is the New Life Rule. The new life rule is: You may not return to your site of death for 2 minutes up to until the RP situation is over. Breaking NLR is when a player violates this rule and RPs in the site of their previous death, Ex: A player who is being raided is shot and killed by the raider. The player, angered, returns with a new gun and proceeds to kill the raider. Players who violate NLR should be subject to a warn. Players who continue consecutively or Break NLR many times in a small amount of time should be subject to a ban of up to 5 days.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame is when a player uses out-of-rp information in an RP situation, Ex: The mayor makes a law stating "Any hitman with a "Hit Accepted" sign over their head is AOS". Players who metagame should be subject to a warn and if they continue consecutively they should be subject to a ban of up to 5 days

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:

d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

If it is actively prohibiting players from RP, I will immediately record it through any means and report it to a higher-up. If it isnt actively harming anyones RP, I will record their actions and ask them to stop and tell them I have footage. If they continue, I will record more and report it to a higher-up.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would jail them and finish the sit before banning them. 

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would kindly ask them to stop and explain that its still my duty to prohibit people from breaking the rules on the server. If they continue, I will give them their last warning and be more serious about it. If they continue afterwards, I will warn them both. If they continue even more, I will ban them for a day.

P.S. If I am denied for the free explosives incident, I fully understand. I got a little carried away, and people supporting my work was only fueling my ego and made me want to do it more. Sorry!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.