Morgz Mum's Trial-mod application

lance

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?: Currently Liz Mum, but it's usually Morgz Mum or Morgz Mum UWU

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/setroo/

a3) What is your Discord Tag?: Lance#6805

a4) What timezone are you located in?: EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?: 12

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?: None that I remember (perhaps 1 for hitting warn threshold?), and searching in the ban database just shows me an error.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?: I'm not sure how far this question extends. In Gmod I used to be a testmod on a popular TTT server. Outside of Gmod though, I've been moderator in a couple of Discord servers and other communities.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?: To help out, seriously. I notice that so many chaotic events unfold within even like 10 minutes on the server and I'd love to help deal with them. I believe I have a good grasp on the rules and I can't help but notice myself giving players heads up on rules they are breaking. I just feel like I'm made out for the role.

Additionally I'm active a lot during late night hours, aka the purge, when usually no mods are on. I'd love to go on duty during those hours to help fill that no-moderator gap, to help players out and handle tickets.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?: I would get better from my own experience of course, but I will also closely watch how higher-ups handle specific scenarios. Every ticket is a case-by-case basis, none is exactly the same, so it's important to know how to handle specific situations. Knowing the rules alone wont teach you discretion and other important things that come with being a good moderator.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished: 

RDM is random deathmatch, where you kill someone without proper reasoning, or for no reason at all. Offenders should be given a verbal warning if they did not intend it and were clearly not aware that it was RDM, but intentional or repeated RDM should lead to a warn. Mass RDM of course is a ban, for at least 2 weeks I believe.

RDA is random arrest, arresting someone without proper reasoning, or for no reason at all. Like RDM, if its unintentional or its their first time, the offender should be given a verbal and the victim unarrested. If it's continued or intentional it's a warn.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.: NLR is new life rule. It states that you cannot return to an area in which you died for a whole 2 minutes, but also states that you cannot return to, say, your base if it is being raided until the entire raid is over; if you return before the 2 minutes is up or while the raid is still ongoing, you are violating it. NLR also states that you cannot remember anything from your previous life, so once you die you forget everything (like who killed you).

Beyond just returning, NLR can be violated in other ways, like if someone takes entities from your base in a raid, and as they are leaving with them physgunned, you go and destroy them.

A good NLR example is a PD raid. Cops who die in a PD raid cannot return until the raid is over.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.: Metagaming is the act of acting upon information that your character does not know. You may be aware of information that is displayed on the screen, but your character isn't necessarily aware of that information as well.

Metagame can include things like OOC, discord calls,  sounds, and more.

For instance, you cannot warrant someone because you hear them cooking meth- you would be metagaming if you did that. You would also be metagaming if after arresting a hitman, you pay attention to the little notification that displays at the bottom right and arrest whoever it says placed the hit. And a pretty obvious example of metagame is if a cop arrests someone who killed someone, just by watching the killfeed and not actually witnessing the murder.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?:

Document it by taking screenshots and recordings (shadowplay works well), then send it to whoever is higher in the ranks than them on Discord, like an admin, or if it's a t-mod maybe a modplus or seniormod. Staff report is also an option but I don't see staff making reports on other staff.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?: Jail them until my current sit is completed, then investigate, and hand out a ban if they really did mass RDM and it was intentional (then request an extension, if applicable). Nobody should ever assume and immediately ban off what they see; it's completely possible that it's not mass and it's something else.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.: I verbal warn them that they cannot build in streets (even if they are hobo) and need to remove it, and if they refuse I will warn them and remove the props myself (if I have access to remove their props). Even in the case of just 2 people, rules are important. More people can join and it will turn into a huge fiasco.

Edited by Setro

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.