Cannabis' Trial-Moderator Application

Cannabis

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Tyrion Cannabis

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/CannabisSublime

a3) What is your Discord Tag?

(ie: SomeUser#1234) JustinCentral#0661 

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Eastern Standard Time

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

None

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

I have never been banned on Garry's Mod. When looking at my profile you'll see that I have a CS:GO ban from 1000+ days ago. Explanation: I used to code hacks for several online companies. I retired from that and this account was what I used to test them originally.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

HellZone(very long private story. Admin see me for that story.) I ran multiple gaming communities which had DarkRP on everyone. I coded them all, hired staff, enforced the staff that enforced the rules and I have done every job or duty you can think of. I am very by the book. 

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I went through a bunch of servers and landed on XenoRP. I like the coding, rules, and general atmosphere. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I am by the book and have done this for years.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

Random Death-match is when someone is killed... IE Deathmatch'ed without role-play or rule specifics followed. Random arrest is simply a LEO arresting someone for no roleplay or law reason.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

New Life Rule means that when you die, you forget all previous encounters and start new as if no one ever killed you. This is to prevent retaliation. Example: Man 1 raids man 2's base. Man 2 is killed. Man 2 returns to fight the guy in progress of raiding as if he was never killed. This is also why the DarkRP creators put in a job demotion option upon death(Such as the mayor)

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Meta-gaming is when you enter into a roleplay situation after being told indirectly from another program or outlet. Example: You are part of a gang. The base starts to get raided and someone on discord tells you about it and you go and fight. The proper solution would be for someone to find you in-game or in a more extreme stance, physically see the raid happening before that person tells anyone.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

Record, Record, Record. Log Log Log. Then take all of that and submit it to their higher-up. Its not my job to tell a higher-up about the rules. It should be their job. So chain of command.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

If there are other admins, message them in admin chat. If they don't do anything or you are the only person there you freeze them, teleport them to another area, tell the RDM'er you'll talk to him shortly and then return to the sit. If he disconnects while you are completing your sit then log the interaction and let other admins know to watch for his name so when he joins, we can see if he does it again and go from there.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

Rules are Rules. You enforce them no matter how many people are in the server. 

Hi Cannabis thanks for applying! Good job on the application, below I have listed a few things you could improve on:

c1: Missing punishments

c2: NLR also applies for 120 for non-raid events

c3: Your definition and example are okay, a better one would be "Metagaming is when you use data your player shouldn't know", "Arresting a hitman for having 'Hit Accepted' above their head"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.