Hesh Mod Application

Hesh

Hey! I'm Hesh. Here is my application for moderator! Thank you for taking the time to review it and even if you don't decide to choose me, I'm still happy that you've taken the time to read over what I've written.

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?: Hesh

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hesh3417/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234): Hesh#3935

a4) What timezone are you located in?: US Eastern (live in michigan)

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?: 0

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?: 0

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?: Years ago on various other DarkRP and TTT servers. Was also a mod on a TF2 goldenrod trade server. Mind is foggy so I can't remember names of servers.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?: I think it would be good experience and I play within the rules and would expect other players to do so if I'm expected to.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?: I'm fair. I don't think someone should be immediately punished on first offense unless it's something major, but I do agree that all players should know the rules and not play against them. I'm also a hoot to play with. Me and my buddies were having a wonderful time with 99% of other players these last three or four days.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.: RDM is Random Deathmatch and describes players who kill for no valid reason, such as just in the streets, breaking into someone's home and killing, or killing without announcing raid first. RDA is Random Arrest and describes players who take up a job as an officer and arrest and detain players for no valid reasoning (laws in effect don't count as RDA, but if there isn't a law enforced and you get arrested anyway would fall under that). I think first time offenders should be warned, depending on the severity of the situation and their attitude. If the situation is severe or their attitude towards it is sour, then I think those who perform those actions should receive a ban.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. New Life Rule. A Classic lmao. You can't return to a place you previously died until a set time has passed, usually 200 seconds and you cannot retaliation kill someone who killed you. An instance which it could be violated is if during a raid you were to get killed, and you immediately return to your base. That would be considered a violation of NLR and should be a warning on first offense and a ban on repeated.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. Usually in my experience it's when someone abuses OOC to transfer RP to non RP such as say someone kills someone, takes their stuff that could be illegal due to current server laws and you're a cop, you can watch the kill chat, see what's happening and then immediately put a warrant or arrest the other player. It's grimy and should be punishable with a ban.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?: I would talk to the higher up and try to figure out why they're doing what they're doing and then try to get them to stop. I would also notify other moderators immediately. If they kept going, then they would be reported on the forums for the server admins and owners to see.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?: I'd temporarily restrain the person I was having a sit with, let them know about the situation and then go restrain the player RDMing. I would finish up with the previous player before moving on to the player RDMing. If he disconnected while waiting, then I'd think that deserves a ban for evasion.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.: I'd talk to them, let them know hey don't do that it's against the rules and get them to stop. If they continued, then they would get talked to again about the rules and possibly receive a temporary ban.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.