ThothHerme's Trial-Mod Application

ThothHermes

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

ThothHermes

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Thoth_Hermes/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

ThothHermes#2124

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Eastern Standard Time (EST)

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

No

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Yes, worked my way from T-mod to Senior Admin. Tbh I forgot the actual name of it, was a few years ago, "Crazy's Funland" or some variant like that. A thousand+ of my hours are easily Darkrp with a few hundred of my hours staffing as well. I generally liked helping people and I was the most active/most aware staff on for the most part. Hence my quick rise in the ladder of T-mod to Senior Admin in a few months. I actually got T-mod on this server without an application because I kept reporting people and helping the admins with sits and such. So the owner just gave me it knowing my experience was sufficient.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

In the few days that I have been on I have seen quite a lot of chaos with a complete lack of staff on a lot of the time and donators who consistently get away with rule breaking and vote kicking whoever they feel like. Funny enough as I'm writing this a donator named "KILLJOY" is spam votekicking some other guy, rdming him and his crew, breaking NLR, and is even propblocking the outside of my home/ my camera while they are raiding me. No staff is on and even if they were they would just slap him on the wrist and let him off the hook, at least the ones I have seen have. This is unacceptable. When staff are on, some do their job decently, though more often than not they take way too long and are often way too lenient on people who just go right back to trolling.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I haven't played DarkRP consistently in a while, but considering my 6+ years of darkrp and 2+ years of staffing I feel I am very experienced in dealing with plenty of issues and can handle things quickly and fairly for everyone. I am familiar with both sides of the arguments generally provided and can use my own experiences to draw a fair conclusion in combination with information gathered.  Mostly though I want to help the regulars of this server, as well as myself, have a stable environment to play in without the constant barrage of trolls that ruin the fun on this server. Plus staffing is quite cathartic as I enjoy helping people out and punishing assholes who are just here to troll and make others experience worse.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM is Random Deathmatch and is when you randomly kill someone for no rp reason. RDA is when someone randomly arrests you without an rp reason for doing so. As for what I would do, it would depend of the specific situation. Basically, however, I would generally grab all parties involved, try and gather as much information  as I can, recognize who the regulars are and who are newer thus having a basis of accountability to a degree. I would then weigh the parties and info involved in a completely unbiased manner and meet out a just verdict. Generally a warning the first time, unless its mass or another factor of similar severity. Afterwards I would keep an eye on them, and on chat, to see what they were doing. Perhaps even spectate if my plate is empty, and if they do it again, a more severe punishment depending on the act, but generally a ban for a few days maybe, duration depends heavily on the circumstance though.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is New Life Rule and the gist of it is you forget your previous life once you die, and thus cannot go back to the base you were raiding if you die, go back to your base if you are raided and die, can't get revenge or otherwise have a grudge on people who kill you, etc.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame or metagaming is using information that the player knows but your character should not know. Examples are hearing bitminers/meth through walls and raiding them as police because of that, seeing the hitman has "hit accepted" above their name and preemptively killing them, raiding people as police based on their job titles such as meth dealers, etc. Anything that your character should not know for rp reasons cannot be used to gain an advantage or otherwise disrupt rp'ing in any way.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I would first and foremost document them doing these things to gain the edge and not have it come down to "he said, she said" arguments. Then I would report them to either the owners or the next highest ranking person and discuss the situation with them.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would grab the offender, and any others I saw helping them, and either jail them right there or bring them up and jail them on the opposite end of the sit area. Deal with my current sit first, then deal with them. You should always commit to your current sit, but not at the expense of people just running around mass RDMing/RDAing. It takes 2 seconds to jail them and then go right back to your sit.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would kindly inform them that's not allowed and why, even if they are hobos, and if they are hobos ask them to build on the sidewalks or other areas off the road. Depending on the situation I doubt I'd officially warn them right off the back, just a verbal reminder works, but if it doesn't then I go down the list of dealing with them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.