CursedDucks Mod Application

CursedDucks

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Banana Slices

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199063609257/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

CursedDucks#3533

a4) What timezone are you located in?

CST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

I have not.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I've staffed a discord before, and I believe I staffed an old CS:S server, though, I can't remember then name as it was over 4 years ago.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I believe that XenoRP is a really fun server, and in as little as a week the staff as well as the people on the servers have made it one of my favorite servers to play on. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I get along with people really well and I'm pretty much always happy. Plus I play a lot late at night, because I don't have much else to do.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM: RDM is when someone murders someone without giving any advert or reason behind it. This is often followed by multiple RDMS in which case it becomes MRDM. RDA is a random arrest, where as a police officer someone arrests people without having any reason behind it. In an RDM case, I'd give them a warning first, that if they RDM again they will be banned, (unless it's an MRDM that I can tell right away) at which point I'd ban them for 5 days for RDM/MRDM. For an RDA, I'd probably tell them once that RDA isn't allowed, and if they do it again, follow up with a demotion to a citizen and a warn, then kick them. If they join back, become police, and RDA again, I'd ban them for 5 days for RDA.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is when you die and come back. In an RP circumstance, after you die, you're a new person. You're supposed to go somewhere else and pretend nothing happened. For example: Say you're doing a PD raid and a cop kills you. Breaking NLR would mean coming back to PD. You have to wait 2 minutes for NLR to cool off before going back to the spot that you died at.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is using real life information to cheat your way through a game. For example: You're going to mug someone who is in the server, and you know in real life that they're new to the server. They wouldn't have guns on them, so you think it'd be an easy mug/kill. That would be metagaming at it's worst. And though this isn't related to GMOD per say, in DND, metagaming would be researching monsters that you haven't seen yet so that when you come across them, you know how to beat them without ever seeing them once.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

Message another higher up in the discord, and report the higher up on the forums.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

Call another mod to watch the person who is in the sit already for a second while you jail and ban the Mass RDMer.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

Remind them that building in the streets is against server rules, even if nobody is on.

-(C1) Repeated RDM/RDA is a 1 week ban, MassRDM is a 2 week ban

-(C3) Using examples that are not involved with Garrys mod, A more appropriate example would be knowing the codes to someones base that you are not involved with

-(D1) You would not report a staff member on the forums when apart of the staff team, you would report it to a team admin (Kil, Jeremy, Saddy)

-(D2) Another staff member might not always be online, you would jail and then deal with the Massrdmer, and then return to your sit

-(D3) Not entirely wrong, Needs more added (Ex) Explain that on the MOTD building on/above the streets is not allowed, then show them where they are allowed to build. if they do not listen go through a sequence like (Verbal warn, Server warn, Kick/remove props)

-(A7) " My personal Answer" Staffing on a discord server is not the same as a Garrys mod server, Aswell. Did you staff on CS:S or not, using a term like "I believe" is not very helpful.

-(A2) After looking at your profile, I see you only have 78 hours played on Garrys mod

Conclusion:

You Seem to have some staffing experience, But you are not currently fit for staff on this server. Please spend some time playing/learning the rules on Xenorp, seeing as you only have 78 hours on record I feel that you haven't spent enough time playing the game or learning the rules. 

Edited by Ferrit

Pros:
I have seen you on and you do seem fairly active.
No bans.

Cons:

Most of what Ferrit says sums up the Cons though I don't think you should say, "I believe I staffed an old CS:S server" because that doesn't give us a determination if you have or haven't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.