_SquidSoip's Trial-Mod Application

squid

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?
_SquidSoip (I used to go by Squid_Soup but Zyngus changed it)

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. 
https://steamcommunity.com/id/-squid/

a3) What is your Discord Tag?
squid#0006

a4) What timezone are you located in?
CST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?
40~

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?
I've been banned multiple times on the server. Below are the following...
NITRP
2020-11-13 17:24:29 This ban was very uncalled for in my opinion. There was around 4 people online at the time and I was batman grappling to the roofs north of the fountain and surfing. After being told to stop I sadly did not and kept surfing. This then led to my NITRP ban.

Mass RDM :( 2020-11-20 06:52:03 This ban was due to a group of minge Mafia Members mass RDM'ing everyone out of spawn. I simply could not leave spawn and when the staff member came back from being afk they saw me going on a killing spree without knowing the backstory. None the less, it's still wrong of me to have taken matters into my own hands.

Mass Prop Minge 2021-04-13 05:42:39 This is the only ban I truly feel I deserve. An ex-staff member that goes by the name "Ripple" and I were spamming the floating couch dupe in a property we owned and then got banned later on.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I unfortunately have very little prior staffing experience. The only large server I have ever been staff on is here on XenoRP back in 2018 when I was a T-Mod. I was then demoted for "Not grasping the rules" by Panko but I'm pretty sure the real reason was because I was 12 yr old squeaker. Other than this I have been staff off of GMod and instead on tons of Discord guilds. I have had admin permissions on multiple 100k+ discord guilds and know how to control a ton of people under my command with the proper permissions.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

There's been a handful of times when I've come back on the server and see 0/50 players. I'll drive around and think of the memories I've made on this server since I was in 7th grade. I digress but my main reasoning for wanting to volunteer for XenoRP is because I want to bring back this server. It makes me sad knowing this server died with so much potential. It's definitely had its run and might be Vanilla DarkRP but I still think it has a couple more strides left in it.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I understand all the fundamentals of being a good staff member. Across 2 different steam accounts I have well over 4k hours in GMod and know how mostly everything works. From helping others develop commands to being staff on other servers I understand on being a moderator works and know the ins-and-outs. Another controversial reason as to why I think I should be Xeno's next staff member to be accepted in the past 6 months is because I have a history of minging. I know all the loopholes within the rules, how members try to avoid sits, how members try to avoid warns, and most importantly I know the mind of a minge. I can easily decipher when a minge is trying to play a staff member and bypass a punishment.
Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM - Random Death Match - When a player kills another player for no RP reason; If a player is found RDM'ing another player they will be issued a verbal, 5m jail, or a warning depending on their history of rule breaking and reprimands.
RDA - Random Death Arrest - When a player arrests another player for no RP reason; If a player is found RDA'ing another player they will first be issued a verbal if they are a new player and it was a mistake. If they are a experienced player and know what they are doing, they will be issued a warning unless external variables alter the situation.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR - New Life Rule - When a player uses past life experiences in their new life; Example: Player 1 is in his base and he is getting raided by Player 2. Player 2 kills Player 1 in the raid and successfully raids the base. Player 1 is not allowed to come back to his base until Player 2 is done with the raid. Example 2: Cop 1 weapon checks Player 2 and finds illegal weaponry on him. Player 2 kills Cop 1 for weapon checking him. This means Cop 1 cannot come back to arrest Player 2 since his new life doesn't have the information that Player 2 has illegal weaponry on him. The timer for NLR is 2 minutes.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame - Using non-RP related functions to give you an upper-hand in RP; Example: Using the proximity chat to find out if any players are near you. Example 2: Using kill feed to see if a player is dead or killing other players.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

If a Mod/SMod is abusing their powers I would report it to their Team Admin with sufficient evidence ready in hand. If an Admin is caught abusing their powers I would message Zyngus about it with the sufficient evidence.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

JailTP the Mass RDM'er in a secluded area and carry on with my sit. If the Mass RDM'er leaves the server I will then ban him for LTAP/Mass RDM so he cannot join back.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would simply tell both players to switch to the Hobo class and build on the sidewalks. If they want to build on the streets they can join their own private server or keep their building in a secluded area (e.g. the sidewalk as a hobo or a property they own if they are the correct class to own a property.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.