Bobby Schmurda's Trial Mod Application

Boberto

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Bobby Schmurda

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bittricks

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Bittricks#5336

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Eastern Standard Time

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

Last I checked, Zero

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

I played on this server 1-2 years ago and don’t remember ever being banned. Ever since I’ve come back in the last few weeks I haven’t gotten into trouble once.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I was a camp counselor for the YMCA years ago, so I’m well prepared to deal with all the screaming children on our server.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

This is my favorite DarkRP server. It’s the only one I consistently come back to whenever I play. So when I came back to see the same dedicated staff solving disputes and being active in the community, I knew this server was different than the others. I’d like to do my part to help however I can.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I get along with a lot of the people in the community and I’ve been well versed in our server rules. I know a lot of the reoccurring players and staff, and I do what I can to help them. Whenever I see a situation where someone breaks the rules,  even if it doesn’t affect me, I still report it and vouch for the victims side in the sit, giving evidence when I can.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. 

RDM is short for Random Death Match. It’s when someone has an unwarranted attack on a player, often in an attempt to grief or a way of expressing frustration towards the other player. Sometimes we have new people join the server without reading the rules. A common instance of this is Terrorist or Osama Bin Laden adverting “Terror” and killing others. In that situation, you explain where they went wrong, then jail them to give them time to read through the rules. A warning may also be issued. Often times though, it’s someone that wants to ruin other players experience or just want revenge. On the first instance of RDM, you issue a warning and explain where they went wrong. However, with a repeated pattern of RDM, you can issue bans ranging from 3 days to 2 weeks depending on the severity. The worst case of RDM is Mass RDM, where a player decides to gun down any other player in site. People who do this just want to affect the servers player base and grief whenever possible. Leading up to the Mass RDM, they normally antagonize players or break other rules and try to get away with it. Mass RDM is punishable by 2 weeks minimum, multiple instances of Mass RDM can lead to a Perma-Ban. RDA is when someone with a Police job on the server arrests or tases someone without valid reason. This can often be a misinterpretation of the Laws, as new Mayors and new laws cycle through constantly.  Normally you can just issue a warning and the situation resolved itself with a little bit of guidance. However, there are instances of malicious RDA and Mass RDA. Malicious RDA is when somebody arrests another person as a way of annoying or ruining another players experience. With proof, you can jail them or with repeated offenses ban them for a minimum of 3 days. Mass RDA is arguably worse than Mass RDM, but is harder to pull off. It’s when someone goes around arresting anyone in site. This also receives a punishment of a 2 week ban just like Mass RDM would.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is short for “New Life Rule.” The New Life Rule means after you die in a situation, that situation is over and your character is presumed to be a new person. If you are being raided and you die in a raid, you must wait until the raid is over before you can go back into your base. This makes it so every life counts in DarkRP. People often break NLR as revenge or to prevent themselves from losing what they had in their base. Long story short: If a player kills you, there is a 2 minute wait period before you an come back and defend.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. 

Metagame is when someone takes Non-RP data and applies to to a role play standpoint and vice-versa. A common example is if a Police officer issues a warrant or arrests someone for mugging without actually seeing the mug take place, just seeing the advert In chat and the kill feed. 

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:

d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

Record the instance and submit the recording to one of the higher up staff members, or the forums. Calling it out in game or where they can see may make them stop what they’re doing and attempt to cover it up, leaving them to abuse another day. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

Freeze and Jail the person that is Mass RDMing, then ban them for 2 weeks since I have eyewitness proof. Then return to the sit. 

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

They may not be hurting anybody, but it’s our job to encourage players to play the game properly. You could tell them to find a different, proper, place to build, or ask them to become a Hobo and build on the sidewalks instead. If they’re ignorant of the rules then give them time to read it over before letting them return to the game.

Edited by Bittricks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.