Fat Walrus's T-MOD APP

Wa1rus

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Fat Walrus

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/EC_H0

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Wa1rus#4529

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

NOPE

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Not on gmod, but i was a reddit moderator on r/BBQ for a while

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

Ive been on this server for a couple of years come and go and have finally thought about trying to give back to the community kinda and have a positive impact on the server.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I'm pretty down to earth and don't really get to angry at anyone, i know (most) of the rules like the back of my hand,  I have a good knowledge of the people who normally inhabit the server and would like to think i get along with them.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

Random death match is where a player engages in a reason less/non-RP kill on another player.

Random Arrest This event occurs when a player randomly arrests a player without any RP reason.

(RDM) Should be warn-able at first showing that it was blatant and the intention was to cause a commotion/troll. If somewhat accidental and or did not intend to do the former to the same degree, then a verbal warning works as well, but if it continues the aggregator should be jailed and issued an appropriate response whether that be a ban in the case of mass rdm or a kick for a smaller case but involving multiple victims.

(RDA) Punishments are basically the same from the above, you can factor out accidental RDA's most of the time as its pretty hard to taze, cuff, and arrest a guy accidentally.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

New Life rule is whenever you die you have to "Start a New Life" and have no former recollection of the one before it, basically meaning you cant go back to where you were killed for a solid 2 minutes and in the case of a raid, cannot access the area until the raid is over providing you have been killed.

A pretty simple instance would be if a cop dies in a pd raid and runs back in and kills the raider even after he had died. That's a pretty simple one to mess up as a new player and should be handled accordingly with telling the offender to take a look at the rules and a warning along with it.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Meta-gaming is where a player uses outside knowledge to gain an advantage on the server that breaks the normal limits of what you could know following RP.

One example could be a Police officer telling his fellow officers about how his friends in a discord call placed a hit on the mayor.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

Seeing as it is a higher up abusing power, i would record the perpetrator doing such acts and follow with posting the video on the discord server along with contacting anyone who is a higher rank than the abusing staff member about what is happening.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

Immediately jail them, check if there is any staff online to deal with the current sit taking place before the mass RDM had occurred, if not then weigh the priority of the sit and ask them to wait for a couple of minutes while the Mass RDM'er is dealt with. The appropriate punishment would be a 2 week ban, but if i could not issue an appropriate ban for that length (T-Mod) then i would make a post to either the forums or to the discord asking for a staff member of a higher rank to issue it.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

Tell them that "funs over" and despite there being only two people on, that being themselves, they still need to abide by the rules and get them to remove the props and issue a verbal warning.

Edited by Wa1rus
Title

Hi Warlus, thank you for creating a moderator application! You did an excellent job on your application, however, it seems you were warned with (or very close to) your application up.

Have a good day,

Saddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.