Jimble's Staff Re-Re-Re-Application

Jimbles

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Jimbles

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wuspoppinjimbo/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Jimbles#3281

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Yes, on multiple occasions. Ive made a lot of mistakes, and Ive done a lot of dumb stuff. I really get captured in the heat of the moment and sometimes I forget when to stop.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I have none.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

Ive played on this server I think around a year or so now, and all I ever see is people breaking the rules left and right and I want it to stop. To think that people senselessly ruin others' RP for no reason and I cant do anything about it really makes a chill run up my spine. Order is one of the things I desire most in life, and sometimes the things I see on the server is literally unbearable. Even the fact that I've done the same before irks me. I really just want everyone on the server to have fun as long as no ones fun is being crushed in the process. I just really want to be one of the people thats always around for others, I want to help people when they need help. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I usually never group with others or be any jobs that require complete commitment. I barely ever even make a base somewhere. Im absolutely fine with going on duty any time thats it needed, and im not afraid to lose money or a job in the process. Im also a cool-headed and patient person, and I prefer to let people speak their side before any verdicts are presented. I also have a lot of free time, so I can get on at any time of the day if it is needed. I check the discord often, so if I see someone complaining I'll hop on the server as soon as possible unless im already busy with something else or im asleep.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM means Random Deathmatch. RDM is when a player kills another player for no apparent reason or for the wrong reason, Ex: A player walks up to another and demands money over voicechat with no advert. When the other player doesnt comply, the mugger shoots him. Players who commit RDM should be punished with a warn. If consecutively continuing, they should be banned for up to 5 days. RRDM (Repeated Random Deathmatch) is when a player repeatedly kills another player for no reason, Ex: A player begins to kill another player as soon as he leaves spawn multiple times for raiding his base. Players who commit RRDM should be subject to a 5 day ban. MRDM (Mass Random Deathmatch) is when a player kills a large amount people for no reason, Ex: A player joins onto the server and begins to kill anyone he sees with a gun he buys. Players who commit MRDM should be subject to a 2 week ban.

RDA means Random Arrest. RDA is when a Civil Protection class arrests a player for no apparent reason or for the wrong reason, Ex: A Swat Assault arrests a hobo for being outside during a lockdown. Players who commit RDA should be punished with a warn. Players who continue to commit RDA consecutively should be banned for up to 5 days. RRDA (Repeated Random Arrest) is when a player repeatedly arrests another player for no reason, Ex: A Police Chief arrests a hitman and as soon as the hitman is out of jail they are arrested in spawn again by the same officer. Players who commit RRDA should be subject to a ban for 5 days. MRDA (Mass Random Arrest) is when a player (or a group of players) arrests a large amount of people for no good reason, Ex: A group of Civil Protection classes begin arresting everyone who leaves spawn instantly due to a lockdown. Players who commit MRDA should be subject to a 2 week ban.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is the New Life Rule. The new life rule is: You may not return to your site of death for 2 minutes up to until the RP situation is over. Breaking NLR is when a player violates this rule and RPs in the site of their previous death, Ex: A player who is being raided is shot and killed by the raider. The player, angered, returns with a new gun and proceeds to kill the raider. Players who violate NLR should be subject to a warn. Players who continue consecutively or Break NLR many times in a small amount of time should be subject to a ban of up to 5 days.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame is the name given to the act of using out-of-rp information in roleplay. Ex: The mayor orders the police force to arrest any hitman with a "hit accepted" sign over their head. People who metagame should be subject to a warn. If they continue, they should be subject to a ban of up to 5 days.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

If it is actively effecting someone elses roleplay, I would immediately record their actions and give the evidence to a higher-up. If it isnt effecting anyones roleplay, I'd record them and tell them to stop doing what theyre doing. If they continue, I will report them to a higher-up with the evidence.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would jail them and continue the sit. If another mod was on duty, I'd inform them of the situation and have them either handle the rest of the sit or ban the mass rdmer.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would warn them to stop because if other people begin joining they'll complain about the building and if they continued I'd have to warn them. If any of them continue, I'd give one or both of them a warn. If they continue, I would ban them for maybe 2 or 3 days.

Note: I copied c1) and c2) from my previous staff application, but only because I had no idea how to improve it any better and just rewriting it with different words in different orders would just be pointless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.