C¥ber's Trial-Mod Application

C¥ber

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? C¥ber

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/id/cyber3081

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) cyber #1614

a4) What timezone are you located in? Eastern USA

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? I believe 1

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? Yes, I attempted to appeal the ban. I was a SWAT protecting the PD during a raid, I killed several players whom-st entered the PD during its raid. I was banned for 2 weeks for RDM but nobody brought me to a sit to explain I was simply doing what my RP job required.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? I've owned 3 DarkRP servers back in the early days of the GMOD 13 update, as well as LUA coding my servers.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? I'm always on in the AM when admins are nowhere to be found. Im on almost everyday and when I am on I see rdmers and much more mingers. I feel if I'm on that late I can keep the server at a relaxing environment rather than players quitting cause the spawn was blocked off by a player.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? I simply like playing DarkRP, i like it fair and square, As I've stated before, I'm on during dead hours when players come on to abuse the server since admins arent on that late. Last night a player tried vote kicking 4 players who were terrorizing the server and I felt I should Apply for Xeno.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. Random Death-match and Random Arrest, I feel you should take them on a sit to explain what they've done and refer them to the motd, incase they're new to DarkRP, if it continues i believe a warn is implied. Although if its miraculously alot I feel a kick is in order if they have no intention in playing by the rules.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. NLR Stands for new life rule, once you have died due to a raid or whatever your DARKRP Case may be, do not return to that location for a few minutes. Avoid it, act as if it never happened for the time being.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. In short, its using background knowledge on real life to a fictional approach of the game. For ex. If your a cop on the server, you dont go shooting other cops or random citizens.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? I would attempt to record the incident rather than approach it for the reasons they may try to act like they did nothing wrong. I would ask another higher up how i would apprach the situation to the staff and further on.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I'd bring them up to the sit with "us" if theres another admin.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. If they are hobo's I'd let them do as they please, if their job doesn't specify it I'd refer them back to the motd. Just cause there's 2 players don't mean a surge of joining players might not join. If I let 2 get away with building on the streets despite the job, then I'd have to let everyone build on the street. Anarchy.

Hello!

Thanks for taking interest in applying for Xeno!

Here are my notes on your application:

On 5/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, C¥ber said:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. Random Death-match and Random Arrest, I feel you should take them on a sit to explain what they've done and refer them to the motd, incase they're new to DarkRP, if it continues i believe a warn is implied. Although if its miraculously alot I feel a kick is in order if they have no intention in playing by the rules.

You accurately described how punishment should be issued to RDM/RDA but failed to define either of the terms. You simply stated what the acronym stood for but did not describe either.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. NLR Stands for new life rule, once you have died due to a raid or whatever your DARKRP Case may be, do not return to that location for a few minutes. Avoid it, act as if it never happened for the time being.

Vise versa to c1. You defined NLR perfectly but did not provide examples.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. In short, its using background knowledge on real life to a fictional approach of the game. For ex. If your a cop on the server, you dont go shooting other cops or random citizens.

You defined it but did not provide an appropriate example. The example type we are looking for is if someone were to use OOC knowledge and apply that to their in game RP actions. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I'd bring them up to the sit with "us" if theres another admin.

This answer is lacking detail. With Mass RDMers, these incidents take precedence over everything else. We need to eliminate the problem to ensure our community does not associate our server with total anarchy and lack of control. Our community and their RP experience while on our server is our top priority as staff. 

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. If they are hobo's I'd let them do as they please, if their job doesn't specify it I'd refer them back to the motd. Just cause there's 2 players don't mean a surge of joining players might not join. If I let 2 get away with building on the streets despite the job, then I'd have to let everyone build on the street. Anarchy.

This is incorrect. Hobos cannot build on streets. Please refer to the MOTD for more job information.

Conclusion:

-1 I don't think you're ready to be a staff member with Xeno based on your answers. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.