Rapidfire's Mod Application

dxsho

Hello! Thank you for clicking on my application. I hope you enjoy reading it. 

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

It is currently, "Rapidfire the Reformed Thief".

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/rapidfiretheassassin/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Rapidfire (Jake)#3848

a4) What timezone are you located in?

I am located in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. 

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

I currently have no warnings. The last time I was warned was over two years ago. 

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Nope, I've never been banned and I plan on keeping it that way. 

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Yes I do! I have staffing experience on Xeno twice in the past, but unfortunately had to resign due to returning to boarding school. I am off for the foreseeable future and I am looking forward to rejoining the Xeno community. I also have moderator experience on a few other servers, but they were mostly small scale servers. 

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

XenoRP is my favorite server on G-Mod. It is consistently one of the only servers I join, and I would love to see it grow. The staff are wonderful, and I understand it can be stressful. I would love to assist by moderating the server in times where others are offline, or unavailable. I have been a victim of the late night Xeno purge, and I understand that things can get hectic and chaotic, so I would like to cover these hours and prevent the late night chaos from getting out of control. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I think I fit well with the staff and player base, and am dedicated to my duties. I am capable, and understand how to be an effective moderator, due to extensive training by Saddy. I would be just, and strict when needed. I understand the rules quite well, and would enforce them accurately. I spend an expansive time on the server, close to 10 hours a day, so I will be able to cover a lot of time while online. I am good at dealing with people, especially children. I can handle rough situations, and typically defuse them without a problem. I have the confidence to inspire anyone who may look up to me. The community likes me, and I am knowledgeable on many topics that are discussed on the server daily. 

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM- This stands for Random Deathmatch. This occurs when a player kills another player outside of a roleplay situation. This is typically done by trolls or minges in order to get reactions. A player who commits RDM once will be warned. A player who Mass RDMs is banned for two weeks. 

RDA- This stands for Random Arrest. This occurs when a player arrests another player in game using the taser outside of a roleplay situation. A player who commits RDA will be warned. Mass RDA will result in either demotion, or kick. 

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR- NLR stands for New Life Rule. This means that when you die, you forget everything that happened in your past life. This rule can be violated in many ways: revenge killing a player, returning to your base or the PD during a raid after dying, raiding a base and finding the printer room; and then heading immediately back, etc. Anything that you should not remember, can be abused. That makes it violating NLR. 

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is possessing knowledge you shouldn't know, and using it to your advantage. Again, there are many examples: A player refusing to let a Hitman in, solely due to the "Hit Accepted" tag above their head, a player dying and throwing their body to see through a wall; and then using that knowledge to influence a raid. (This also violates NLR.), shooting a player's hands through a door while they are lock picking. Pushing cameras through walls before raiding. Those are just a few of the many examples. 

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I would immediately get in contact with someone above them, in order to report their actions. If they were not online, I would attempt to stop the abuse myself, while trying to contact an admin. I would figure out who the abuse affected, and find a way to repair the situation. I would record as much of the abuse as possible and submit it to my admin, as well as theirs. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would politely ask the people in the sit to wait for a minute, (or two.), while I !goto the person RDMing. I would then freeze them, and ban them for two weeks. I would then return to my sit and complete it as usual, after apologizing for the wait. 

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would remind them of the server rules. If they refused to remove their builds, I would remove them with the remover tool. If they continue to refuse to remove the builds, I would warn them. Further refusal would be a kick for violating server rules. 

Thank you for reading my application! I look forward to seeing the responses, and if I am accepted, I look forward to rejoining the team and helping, however I can!

If anyone has any questions, you can feel free to PM me here, or comment on this post. 

Thank you!!

-Rapidfire (Jake)

Hello RapidFire! Thank you for creating a application.

Pros:

Nicely written application

Knows the rules 

Ive had good interactions with you

Ex-Mod

Cons:

The same as creeper

Overall: +1 It would like to see you back on the team :)

Kind Regards Cieplaczo

Edited by Cieplaczo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.