Pokemon's Trial Mod application

Pokemon

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? - Pokemon

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198235311600/home

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) - Pokemon#0113

a4) What timezone are you located in? - Pacfic Standard / California 

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? - 3, mainly because I didnt take the server serious at first or at least know about certain rules but now I have learned.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? -  No    

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? - Yes I was a staff member on Icefuse Clone wars for 6 to 7 months mainly during last summer. I worked my way up to Senior-Moderator and I learned most of my staff related knowledge from that. I also was an Administrator on a server called Urbangamers.net but that was over 3 years ago, and I don't remember most of the experiences I had from there.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? - I feel like I am a dedicated member to the community and I have had lots of fun on the server from the past 2 weeks of playing I have read the rules and have been wanting to help players in the server, So I thought it was an appropriate time for me to apply for staff. I want the players to enjoy the server and I have seen that some of the times not as many staff are there to take your reports and get down to the solution of it. I wish to improve the server and show my dedication to the community by joining the staff team

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? - I think I would be able to answer reports whenever I can and at the start focus on Doing staff related things rather than roleplaying in my trial period. I have over 3000 hours on the game and I really think I have learned lots of things from darkrp regarding mostly ulx commands and basic knowledge of the rules for darkrp in general. I think that the staff team needs an important person in it that does better than required to do as a staff member and I think I fit the position for that. I want to keep all the rule breakers out of the server and if I can, I want to educate them of the things that they do wrong and teach them to play the server the right way instead of not abiding by its rules.    

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:    

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. RDM and RDA are probably the most commonly broken rules in all darkrp servers. Starting with RDM, it means Random Death Match and lots of people all around servers in GMOD go around breaking it. This is when you kill any player in the server without any valid roleplay reason whatsoever. There's lots of different scenarios of it happening it could be someone going around MassRdming randomly killing everyone in their eyes. Or it can be people killing others for no reason over anger, as a staff member I will do my best to see what is RDM and what isn't. And then RDA, it means Random Arrest, As I said previously, there are lots of ways people like to RDA it's similar to rdming but instead of killing a player for no reason you are Randomly Arresting them. People like to go on servers in a Mingy attitude and go on the police jobs and arrest all people in their sight, Or people can try to find made up reasons to RDA them and this also goes for RDMing. People that RDM or RDA should be punished every time. for example, If I was a moderator of this server I would first talk to the player that got RDM/RDA’d  and get his story of it before I did anything, then I would bring the player and ask him why he RDM/RDA’d and if it all checks out as RDM/RDA’s than I would ask the player that was killed/arrested if I should punish him as if this was his first offence, I will give him a verbal if the player killed/arrested didn't want anything to happen to him but if he did I would warn him. And if he kept doing the same thing I would warn him until it gets to the point that its MassRDM/RDA than I would ban him according to the right time he should be banned.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is also a commonly broken rule and it means New Life Rule. When players die in a certain area or raid sometimes they like to come back and in a Roleplay form you would not do that because it's common sense because you have died in real life when you die you don't just come back. their is a time you are supposed to wait before you come back and that is 2 min. The people that do this should get the same type of Punishment that they would get for RDM/RDA.    

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. 

Metagaming is when you look at something in the game that would never be in real life. For example a name tag above players heads in the game there is a name tag and you would not see that in real life. Or another way of breaking it was if you killed yourself in console to avoid any roleplay situation that is important.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:

d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? - I would find a person that is even higher than them and I would report it to them, I wouldn't even be able to do anything if they were a higher rank than me and I should not take matters into my own hands that's why I would report it to a higher rank than them to get it taken care of by them.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I would pause the sit and possibly ask someone else to finish it for me and I would get the player banned for MassRDM and then make sure everyone that died get their lost items back and then I would proceed with my sit.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets

I would talk to them explain to them they can't build in the streets if they were a hobo I would have them build on the sidewalks not blocking the whole street but another way it would be allowed if they were building a correct mega base in a correct spot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.