Terror

Cause that's literally what terrorists do. They terrorize other people. Lets not pretend that 9/11 didn't happen cause it did. And it adds nothing to RP? Adding nothing to the classes and making them all the same class is adding nothing to RP. This is actually allowing the "Terrorists" be "Terrorists" We could add a system of some sort that if you advert terror u have a sign or smthing above your name like what happens when you sell meth. This can indicate who specifically is adverting the terror and so on. 

And also list the issues please. Like Terrorists are mean't to kill people. They are literally IN REAL LIFE meant to cause destruction and harm. In an RP situation. Having a big fight on the street and stuff adds a huge layer of RP experience. Also as of right now, the amount of cops on especially with a corrupt mayor can easily make anyone wanna quit the server. Making Terrorists do "terrorists things" will create more of a choice for players. As of right now the only thing people can do to retaliate against pd is to pd raid. Why not add terror so they can kill the cops? 

• 2 weeks later...

M8 the rp is killing people. What don't you get about the word "Terrorists" Ill get the definition for you. A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Saying that it won't add anything to RP when you literally just made another thief class and named it "Terrorist" also removes a HUGE chunk of rp. Imagine naming a class "Gun Dealer" and saying they cant sell guns. That's what you're doing to the Terrorist class. 

What could be added was "Only Osama may advert Terror and all terrorists must advert assist" and they are fully kosable if they advert

Edited by !:.Capt Mango.:!

The lack of diversity is due to a lack of creativity in RP. If you're thinking of a role as in terms of "they can do the same things, therefore they are the same". That's where the issue is. The issue is, you aren't taking on the character. Think of the times on the server where there is a creative mafia group, they have accents, they offer protection for money, they call each other a family, that's what RP is. The differences in the class is more than them just being criminals, it derives from the way people choose to portray the characters. What's stopping you from kidnapping people and killing people execution style? What's stopping you from grabbing aks and causing mayhem by killing all of the cops at the pd? What's stopping you from putting on a funny accent, and setting yourself apart from just a general player on the server. What's stopping you from getting dynamite and literally exploding you way into people's homes? Playing the game with a mindset of a guy sitting at his desk instead of taking on the character is the only thing that's stopping you from being a terrorist. I don't like /advert terror, because I've seen it be done on other servers. It doesn't add to RP, it just confuses people because "OMG RDM", and people shoot just to shoot. Silent shooters, no creative backstory, no motive, just "IM GOING TO ADVERT TERROR SO I CAN SHOOT PEOPLE". Legitimate terrorist attacks have a little more planning behind them, and are a little more politically motivated than that. The reason we won't allow terror to be a thing, is because the DarkRP community in general is just not cut out to do the act of terror any justice.

1 hour ago, Zyngas said:

The lack of diversity is due to a lack of creativity in RP. If you're thinking of a role as in terms of "they can do the same things, therefore they are the same". That's where the issue is. The issue is, you aren't taking on the character. Think of the times on the server where there is a creative mafia group, they have accents, they offer protection for money, they call each other a family, that's what RP is. The differences in the class is more than them just being criminals, it derives from the way people choose to portray the characters. What's stopping you from kidnapping people and killing people execution style? What's stopping you from grabbing aks and causing mayhem by killing all of the cops at the pd? What's stopping you from putting on a funny accent, and setting yourself apart from just a general player on the server. What's stopping you from getting dynamite and literally exploding you way into people's homes? Playing the game with a mindset of a guy sitting at his desk instead of taking on the character is the only thing that's stopping you from being a terrorist. I don't like /advert terror, because I've seen it be done on other servers. It doesn't add to RP, it just confuses people because "OMG RDM", and people shoot just to shoot. Silent shooters, no creative backstory, no motive, just "IM GOING TO ADVERT TERROR SO I CAN SHOOT PEOPLE". Legitimate terrorist attacks have a little more planning behind them, and are a little more politically motivated than that. The reason we won't allow terror to be a thing, is because the DarkRP community in general is just not cut out to do the act of terror any justice.

Goddamn. Well said. I do still believe that there should be some more diversity between the different classes but i'm not sure what.