Boner's Moderator Application

pian

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? boner. Ripple was taken after I changed for a meme. I am devastated. 

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/id/Rippleyyy/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) Ripple#0001

a4) What timezone are you located in? PST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? 0

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? No. 

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? Yes. Here, for I want to say like, 6 months? I have also staffed on a few smaller servers, such as  a TTT server, one named Traitor's Playground and a DarkRP server named DeltaRP. It is still under development. 

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? I had a really good experience when I was a staff member in the past, and would like to return for a bit. I really enjoy the server, and would like to contribute. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? I am a fun, un-biased member of the server. I know the rules like the back of my hand, and am fairly active. 

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. RDM stands for Random Death Match. A RDM would be a warn, however, depending on if they're a newer player it may be a verbal. It also depends on the severity. For example, if someone were to RDM the same person a few times over a period of time, it would be a 1 week ban. If someone were to go to the middle of town, and just open fire, killing or trying to kill a lot of people, it would be a 2 week ban. RDA stands for Random Arrest, and RDT is Random Taze. They're fairly similar. Random Arrest would also be a warn, and so would be RDT. The ban punishments are the same for all offences. 

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. NLR stands for New Life Rule. The rule states that when you start a New life, you canot return or interact with the place/people that affected you last on your previous life. You also cannot reference your previous life. For example, if you were to die, you can't just go back to your place of life and kill the person who killed you last. The most common breaking of this rule raids. When someone raids you, and kills you, you cannot return to your base. This goes for the same when you raid. You cannot return to the raid, even if your party is still raiding. 

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. Metagaming is when you use knowledge you wouldn't normally get in-game to your advantage. For example, that would be having your friend tell you where someone is in a discord chat, or jumping and dying in someone's base to see where the defender of the raid is and telling your allies. 

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? I would record the abuse, and send a DM to their admin, or just an admin in general. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I would jail the offender, and continue with my sit. I would let a fellow staff member deal with it, or if there are no available members, I would keep him jailed and then do his punishment once the sit has concluded. 

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. I would advise them to become hobos so they could build on the sidewalks, or just buy them a warehouse so they could build there. If they refuse, I would warn/kick if needed, and re-direct them to a sandbox server. I would also advise them to read through the MOTD.

Edited by Ripple

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.