Father Russia's Trial-Mod Application

Saltine

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Father Russia

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Lurpaderp1

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

The C.E.O of Vietnam#3737

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Eastern Time Zone

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

Zero

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

I have not been banned.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I have ran a (admittedly small) Discord server that shut down a while ago due to people not being active.
Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I want to volunteer as T-Mod because unlike other DarkRP servers, XenoRP's community is wonderfully generous and welcome to new players and older players getting back on after a while. The moderators are friendly too; not many mods end up banned on this server compared to the waves of admin abusers on others. I also like moderating, making sure everything is where it should be. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

If I were accepted to the XenoRP staff team, multiple positive traits of mine would be put into play. For instance, I know the rules of XenoRP quite well, and have experienced many staff sits in both this server and others. I also am very open to criticism and am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. I am also told my humor can defuse any situation, however I cannot confirm this on bombings, so I cannot confirm.
Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM (Random Deathmatch) and RDA (Random Death Arrest, or just Random Arrest), occurs when one player attempts or succeeds to kill another player without an RP reason(RDM), and when Civil Protection randomly arrests another player without a valid RP reason. I think the punishment for RDM + RDA depends on the severity. I would verbally warn a person if it is their first time RDM-ing another player, and if it continues, I would go to a warning, and then to a 12 hour ban. If somebody is MRDM-ing (Mass RDM), I would ban them for 2 weeks.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR (new life rule) is a rule preventing a player from going to an area where their past life died for two minutes, and from killing/harming a player who killed you in your past life. It also prevents players from returning to raids until that raid is complete. A situation where RDM is violated is as follows:

Player 1 is killed in a raid by Player 2.

Player 1 goes back to the area of the raid and kills Player 2 while he is raiding.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is when a player uses information obtained through real-life knowledge (OOC, etc.) to gain an advantage in RP situations for that player. For example, if a player announces in OOC that somebody has printers, if a law enforcement official warranted that player that supposedly had printers for having printers, they would be metagaming. Or, if a cop hears a printer and warrants a player for having printers, they would also be metagaming.
Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I would record the higher-up's abuse, and then report them to the forums with the evidence.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would halt the current sit, jail the MRDM'er, and swiftly ban them. I would then proceed to un-halt the current sit.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would ask them to remove their props/entities in the streets, and if they do not comply, I would remove their builds. If they continue to build, I would remove their builds and warn them for prop minging.

12/14/19: edited as i forgot warns

Edited by Saltine
Edited B2 to be more specific, Corrected a5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.