Moderator Application

Soprano

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? Soprano

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198799265229/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? ! Fire Ball !#0447

a4) What timezone are you located in? EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? I don't think any.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? Not on Xeno RP. I was banned on Unturned but I am attempting to get that revoked as I didn't do anything that I know of.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? Yes, a game on Roblox called Area 02 RP.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? I am always on when there is no staff. I would like to see the server bloom/grow and anyway I can help. I see applying for staff as the most helpful way I can see the server grow as a whole.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? I have past experience, not on GMOD but I rose to the rank of Administrator on it, I also have a lot of free time during the week at the moment, and I communicate well with others.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be dealt with. RDM also know as Random Death Match is defined when any player on the server creates a death match with another player for no justified reason. RDM is a quite easy case to deal with most of the time. The way a staff member should proceed with an RDM case is, attempt to ask the play for proof of RDM, if they cannot provide proof search through the damage/kill logs to attempt to find the instance. If you can find it in the logs you can proceed as following, issue a verbal warning if you feel it was an accident or they don't understand the rules fully, or issue them a written warning depending on their actions during the sit and past warnings before that. RDA, also know as Random Arrest is explained as a police officer decides to disregard the rules to arrest a citizen for no lawful reason. The way you could deal with a RDA case is as following, ask the victim if they have any proof, if they don't have proof search the arrest logs, if the arrest logs shows that he arrested them then you can proceed with the situation by issuing a verbal, or written warning for the offence.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. NLR also know as New Life Rule explains that a player is not allowed to return to the place of their death with information that they would not know from that life. An example of this would be, someone got killed while their base was being raided, they decided to come back and disrupt the raid. If someone breaks the New Life Rule you should once again ask for proof if it was not provided check kill/damage logs.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. Metagaming is a quite scumming thing. Sometimes people don't know they are metagaming when they are doing it though. Metagaming is when someone that you're in a call with relays information to you through non RP terms. An example of Megagaming would be, a friend is inside of your base while it's being raided. Your friend is in a VC with you telling you the exact locations of everyone inside the building. Metagaming gives an unfair advantage that is generally not allowed.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? If I saw someone that was a higher rank then me start to abuse, the first thing I would do would be start to record. After I started a recording I would attempt to talk to the staff member to see if I can get them to stop abusing, if that option doesn't work I would attempt to use commands to defuse/stop the situation. If he/she still doesn't stop I would go onto the discord to see if I could get someone that is higher then them to hop on and help stop the situation.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I would grab the Mass RDMer with my Psysics gun and freeze them, then place them in a jail until I am able to speak to them. If the Mass RDMer decides to LTAP I would proceed to follow the guideline for LTAP. (I believe is a few day ban?)

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. Even if there was only 1 player on rules are rules, now with that being said I wouldn't throw the whole book at them, but I would still ask them nicely to please move their base inside. (unless they are hobos)

Hi rockygamer334, thank you for applying! Here are a few things you could improve:

• You didn't mention NLR for non-raids (2 minutes)
  • C3 your example passes, you could of defined metagaming a bit better though. A superior definition would entail "Metagaming occurs when a player uses Non-RP related data in an RP scenario."

Overall, you did a great job on the application!

Saddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.