Drunk Uncle's Moderator Application

Drunk Uncle

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

- Drunk Uncle

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

- https://steamcommunity.com/id/Creamy_Meme_

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

- Vogal#2365

a4) What timezone are you located in?

- EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

- Maybe 1?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

- No

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

- This old popular server called Eugecus, I was a Co-Owner and it was absolute chaos but I at least think I was one of the good admins that tried to keep the spirit of the server going.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

- From previous experience as an admin in DarkRP servers, I quite liked helping people out and being there for people who need some assistance. Also from all of my years of playing DarkRP, I despise the rulebreakers, trolls, and minges. I just want to keep the environment fun for all the players on the server. Also I have had the urge to play Garry's Mod more frequently and it's making me miss being a DarkRP mod. Lastly, the Xeno community has grown onto me, and I think I'm addicted to the server. I want to be able to pull my weight and give back to this community in some way. I can't donate yet until I get paid so I'm trying my hand here at moderating.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

- I have a lot of free time, so I can spend extended time on the server doing my job. Also, I am a very good listener and am very open to hearing both sides of the story to their full extent. The power that I may be given in the future will be used strictly for the good of the server. Another reason I'd be a good mod, is that I am quick to respond, I am always eager to put on the big boy pants and help someone out, even if it means going on duty before I've even finished building my base in character.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

- RDM: Random Deathmatch, when someone is killed for reasons that aren't supported by the server rules or an RP situation. Punishment depends on the severity of the incident, singular RDM may be a warning while massive RDM will probably be a ban.
   - RDA: Random Arrest, same concept of RDM but with an arrest instead of a deathmatch. Same basis as RDM, severity of punishment depends on the big picture. 1 RDA is a warning and Mass RDA is probably a ban.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

- NLR: New Life Rule, it is broken when a player who is killed in a deathmatch situation returns to the scene to try their hand again at attacking their foe. NLR can also be broken when using info gained in a past life in your new current life.

EDIT1: Thanks for the tip, I forgot to add that NLR lasts for 2 minutes and the area you were killed in, ex: your base is off limits till your 2 mins is up and the raid is over. 

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

- Metagame would be using information that your ingame character doesnt know but you as a player knows to further advance yourself. An example would be, checking OOC chat for information to use in-game. Or checking who has a certain job so you can find them.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

- Start recording, and then inform the person in question that they are breaking a rule, and if they dont seem to care, you take it up the chain of command and let someone more qualified know about the abuse.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

- Jail or freeze the suspect and get another staff member to handle it, if I'm alone, I get the suspects steam ID so that they'll have to wait or get banned trying to evade punishment.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

- Still enforce the rules, rules when there's 50 players on are still rules when there's 2 players on. If they really want to build in the street they can change to the hobo job.

EDIT2: I wasn't aware that hobos can only build on sidewalks, other servers I've staffed didn't have cars so there wasn't a rule on that. 

Edited by Drunk Uncle
Not enough details.

Hey Drunk Uncle, thanks for applying!

My thoughts about your application

You have no warns or bans which is great.

I liked your thoughtful input for B one and Two.

You claim to have prior staffing experience which is nice.

You could of mentioned the two minute period in which you can't return to the same spot in C2 as NLR also applys to a general area. You could of also mentioned how a player shouldn't return to a base in a raid until the raider calls over.

In D3 you should of stated that hobos can't build in the street at all and should confine their builds to a sidewalk instead.

In conclusion its a Neutral leaning towards +1 from Me.

Neutral Leaning Towards +1

Edited by jeck

Hey Drunk Uncle, Thanks for applying!

Pros:

Active in the server

Staff experience 

-in the middle: You have no warns 

Cons:

C2 Didnt give example 

D1 Record the staff member that is abusing then report it towards a higher up as in a Admin of the server

D2 Deal with the mass rdmer first then go back to the previous sit you were dealing with before

D3 You start off with a verbal warn for them to stop then you start to warn them first time if they didnt listen 2nd time since they continue to build in the streets then you are able to ban them for NITRP/Prop Minge

Therefore im going with a Neutral 

Edited by Be1ial

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.