Steezy's T-MOD APPLICATION XENO RP

Steezy

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?
Tyler Smooth

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/TH3DR3AM/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)
Steezy#0001

a4) What timezone are you located in?
EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?
no i have not. and i would like to keep it that way

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?
I do not have any previous experience as a staff for GMOD but i have experience moderating for discord servers,MC servers and quite alot of hours in FiveM Staffing also.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I wish to add a new perspective to the community, and keep it positive, as well as get to know my peers and other co workers. By me learning how to staff on one of my favorite servers this will keep me busy through out the days!

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

My ability to handle stressful Situations with efficiency and accuracy, as well as being able to apply personal knowledge to sits and such.
Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.
RDM is Random Death Match This occurs when a user kills another user without reason, this also applies to MRDM except on a larger scale.
RDA is Random Arrest, This occurs when anyone who can arrest goes around and as the name implies randomly arrests users.
Both of these can be punished by the following varying on how many times it happens.
Warning
Kick
Ban

Jail Time

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is Lew Life Rule this tells users that once you die your RP character is dead, and you can not return to the life you lived (within a certain time) after something like a raid, or a  hit or something of the sort where the user dies. One example is if i had a hit on me within my base and i got killed, i would not be able to return to that area within a certain time limit.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is when a user or users use outside knowledge to gain advantage over other players, for example im within my base and being raided, i can see where the raiders are and their names, i could tell my friend(s) where they are and who they are and have them do something that they would have no idea about.
Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?
Ask them why they are doing, try to have them stop, and if that doesn't work find a higher up if there is one, or report them to the forums using the template.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

Put the current sit on hold, or have another mod go handle it (depending on the severity of the sit im in) I could also jail/freeze the RDMR until i can get to them

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

Ask them nicely to user a base, or turn into a hobo and build off the streets.
When am I available? Everyday depending on my work schedule, I'm available for at least 5 hours a day at minimum and 6 on weekends
How old am I? 16

Thoughts and Personal Experiences

I've seen you on a few times, and had some interactions with you-- unfortunately, many of those interactions were in sits because you broke a rule. You also told me last night that you're new to the server and don't know the rules very well yet. However, other than that, you seem pretty nice.

Errors in Application

a5) Not an error, but worth mentioning that there are several occasions where I personally could have warned you, but didn't because you said you were new.

c1) Punishments are extremely vague-- you don't even really say the punishments, just list off types of possible punishments for any situation.

c2) You don't mention the NLR timer, and how NLR works different in Raids and how you cannot interact with your killer for the time limit even if you're in a different area.

c3) I feel like you could cite a stronger example, because depending on the circumstances and how you communicate this to your friends, this may not be metagame.

d1) Don't report to the forums. Gather evidence and report immediately to a higher-up than the person abusing.

d2) The only thing you should do is immediately jail them and deal with them, then go back to your sit.

d3) What if they don't stop?

Pros

Active recently, and has no warns or bans. Generally good behavior-- any broken rules seem to have been a result of not knowing them rather than any sort of malicious intent.

Cons

As I said, extremely new to the server. Application is full of errors, and doesn't know the rules as well as I'd like a prospective moderator to. Also has been VAC banned less than a year go, which unsettles me slightly.

Conclusion

You have a lot of spirit and clearly care a lot, but I'd really like you to play on the server for longer and get to know the rules better before you apply to be a staff member. Give it two weeks from this Saturday in which you don't get into any trouble and remain active and I'd absolutely give you a shot.

EDIT: User PM'd me acting outraged I didn't give them a +1. Screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.37.07 PM.png

Edited by Waltz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.