The Rise And Fall Of XenoRP

AmericanNut

Once there was a simple server, once there was group of friends, the groups of friends formed communities, and the communities formed the server. The server was a congregation of a common interest: Dark Role Play. XenoRP was the name of that server. I remember a couple years back me and my friends first spawned in, starting from scratch and building our ways up. We met so many people and made so many good friends, we used to run the Joestur Bar back in the day, but that's long since lost. A prosperous server was done in, from one thing. This one thing killed the server from the inside.

What was it that killed XenoRP? The Staff.

The Staff members, like Askio, Juarez, Andy and Remuchu

These 4 staff members, most well known for their shitty and unfair rulings. Shut this server down through their great power. The entire server lived in peace and prosperity, until the 4 Badmins attacked. These admins weren't always bad, but soon the power got to their heads, and began the crumbling, which led to the eruption that destroyed XenoRP.

Talking about Badmins, there were several new staff members being added on to the server. Great! Everyone likes new staff members to help keep our gameplay healthy! But the new staff members added before the downfall of XenoRP, had only 2 hours of server time! How is the administration of this server gonna hire new staff members that don't even know who plays the server, and how the server runs?

Anyways... Though I cannot list all the events that exactly happened, the culprits are these 4. And to assume even more badmins (with lack of server experience) led to the great fall of XenoRP, is a safe assumption to make. 

Now that the server is long gone, you can see the current state of it right here for when the server finally goes offline: 

Edited by AmericanNut
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha. I remember when this server used to always be filled to the limit with people looking to have fun. Than slowly people just left after shitty moderators continued to be added. It was sad but what could you do. The server is dead now. A relic of a once glorious past.

signed,

The angriest mod

Edited by Agent Nipplioni
  • 1 month later...

Was truly a long time coming. I was good friends with Andy and Remuchu before they were temp mod even. One day I came back and they were Senior mods. Those two took it all too serious once given that role. The server was a great part of my growing though. Spent great nights playing with close friends and making more literally everyday I got on. It's sad to think that the lack of server updates didn't even kill the server. Oh well, nothing is forever.

Cya,

- The chess cheater

( I did actually script that time lol )

• 1 month later...

Its Pocket Sand here and god damn I miss this server, I took a 2 year break after I got senior mod and came back every once in a while. I know that I was probably annoying as shit because I was younger at the time but to everyone I played with, thanks for being around for me to experience the best garrys mod dark rp server of all time. I remember Xeno's Got Talent, Building stuff as a hobo, selling/stealing base designs, afking in my base for 5 hours to claim the sweet bitcoin loot, making bullshit laws as mayor, all was extremely fun and I miss it terribly, I remember sitting on the Gmod title screen spam clicking the join server button until someone left because I wanted to join so bad. Special thanks to NotDominik, Saddy, Rice Cooker, Earl, West, Lucina, Forrest Gump, Phatom, and Zyngas for being extra cool on the server and giving me moments in my life that I wil never ever forget because of this server. I sank in blood, sweat, failed raids, suceeded PD Raids, etc into this server and is the entire reason I have 1k hours on Gmod, without Xeno I have kinda been putting Gmod on the back burner because I dont really like to play anything else on it except the rare games of TTT. If this server ever, ever gets big again then ping the shit out of me on discord because Xeno was (and still is) the only DarkRP server I have played on for more than 1 day. The community was truly impeccable and I cherish that. Again I am sorry for being an annoying shit on the server on my time there, however with those apologies come great memories that I will never forget. Thank you Xeno for being the server everyone loved as well as abandoned.

Pocket Sand.

Edited by Freddy

Lmao I remember when I was a Senior Moderator thru 7-8th grade. More than 5 years ago jesus christ... Now I'm a literal adult looking back at my "origins" so to speak. its a real shame that this shit happened cause I met some of the most top tier people on here, ie Liz, Saddy, Keeger, Jeremy, Steph, Zyngas, etc. Words can't describe how I felt for this community. 

Thanks Father Zyngas and Phantom

MemeMasterNick

What Zyngas called me "MayMayMasterNick"