Coal's Trial-Mod Application

Coal

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

MyNameIsCoal

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/CoalMaster434/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Coal#9412

a4) What timezone are you located in?

UTC-4

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

7 total, 0 active

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

No, I have not been banned.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Yes, I have had previous staffing experience before. I was a staff member on a Gmod Murder server that I cannot recall the name of.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I would like to volunteer for XenoRp because this server has brought me so much joy whenever I was bored, and I love how friendly the staff are and I want to be just like them. In addition, I want to make sure everyone has a great time just like I have playing on this wonderful server.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I'm extremely patient with people who are angry and putting up a fuss, which is very important to understanding what they need, because I understand their frustration when someone is breaking a rule against them, it just ruins the fun. Also, I am decent at managing my tasks and time to stay productive.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM a.k.a Random Deathmatch is a term to define when someone kills another person for no reason whatsoever. Whenever this situation occurs the person who has committed RDM will be brought to a sit, and will be warned if proven guilty. If it seems that they are new, I will give them a verbal warning, but if I have suspicion, I will ask the person who called the sit if they would like to have them warned or not.

RDA a.k.a Random Arrest is a term to define when a Civil Protection member ( Juggernauts, Police Chiefs, etc...) arrests another person for no reason whatsoever. Whenever this situation occurs the person who has committed RDA will be brought to a sit, and will be warned if proven guilty. If it seems that they are new, I will give them a verbal warning, but if I have suspicion, I will ask the person who called the sit if they would like to have them warned or not.

For example, if Person A insults Person B, and person B kills Person A that is considered RDM. An example of RDA is if someone has an illegal weapon on them but there is no mayor ( meaning there is no laws against guns ) and they arrest them anyways.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR a.k.a New Life Rule is a term that defines if you die through a raid or someone killing you in self defense, or in any other way you die, you have to wait around 2 minutes to come back to that general area. In addition, you are not allowed to interact with the people who killed you until the 2 minutes are up. If it is a raid and owner of the base dies inside, they have to wait until the people who started the raid is finished, and they cannot interact with them for 2 minutes like stated previously.

Some examples of where NLR would be broken / violated would be if Person A kills Person B and Person B comes back to kill Person A after they respawn even though they should not interact for the duration of 2 minutes, that would be considered breaking NLR, or Revenge RDM. Another example of this would be if a base owner's base is being raided and they were killed inside, if they come back and destroy all their entities / kill the people inside that would be breaking NLR as well.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame is a term that defines where a person uses a third party program / outside program to discuss RP information that they wouldn't have known otherwise. Some examples of it's occurrence is if two people are raiding a base and are in a discord call, the first person dies and can look through the walls of the base and tell the other person where the person inside the base they're raiding is.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I immediately get my recording software up and running to get as much evidence as possible. I stay on the outskirts of the map to make sure they don't know I'm getting proof, and once they stop abusing their powers / leave, I post it on the forums / get a higher up immediately, or if another mod joins I will tell them as well.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

If I witness a person on the outside of the sit Mass RDMing, I will pause the sit to call over another mod to deal with the situation, if they're all busy / not online, I will jail the person and deal with them as soon as possible.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I will kindly ask them to switch their class to hobo and keep their stuff on the sidewalk, and I will be a bit more lenient considering the little amount of players on. If they are intentionally ignoring me, I will threaten a warn if they do it again. If it escalates ( ignoring / prop block ) it will lead to a kick then a ban.

Pros: Active, Have not had any bad experiences with you 

Cons: None

Conclusion: Hi, Coal I would first off like to say that your Mod app looks good and that you are very active on the server and I have not had any bad experiences with you at all and you seem to understand the rules of the server and I would like to see you on the Staff Team I think you are fit for it and for me it is a +1 for me and I hope I see you on the Staff Team.

-Simon04

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.