Jimble's Staff Application

Jimbles

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Jimbles

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/socialanxietyattak/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Jimbles#3281

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

5 active, 18 total.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Only for exceeding the warn limit, and it was mostly cases of accidents or unknowings.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I dont.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I have been playing on this server for almost a year and a half now I think, and I've been through many things in and out and have found this server to be one of the best I have ever played. With such a tight and hard-working community and staff, I would almost think that everyone in the server every day are friends. I have already donated $50 to the server to get the highest donor rank, and I think the only way of exceeding that is to become a staff member and fulfill one of my greatest wishes. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I know the ins and outs of the server, and i've played on it long enough to know my mistakes and the mistakes of others. I am very calm and collected, and I dont get biased towards anyone. I am very understanding of situations, and I try to sympathize with both sides unless there is no sympathy to align with. I want to help the server, so I wont ignore sits and when I see trouble I can try to intervene as soon as possible to make sure no one has to have their fun ruined by some minge with an AK.
Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM is Random Death Match, which means that the killer has killed randomly or with no fair grounds (Ex: Some guy just walking up and shooting you with no good reason, or some guy shooting you in when you warn them 3 times and you dont shoot first). Players who commit RDM or ARDM should be punished by a warn. However, in cases of Mass RDM or Repeated RDM, the culprit shall be banned for up to 2 weeks. RDA is Random Arrest, which means that a Law Enforcement job has randomly arrested you or arrested you on no fair grounds (Ex: A cop randomly tazes you and arrests you, or a cop arresting you for an illegal law). Players who commit RDA, like RDM, should be punished by a warn. However, once again like RDM, Mass RDA or Repeated RDA should be a ban for up to 2 weeks.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is New Life Rule, where you can not interfere with someone or something after you have died there in an RP situation. NLR lasts only 2 minutes, but in the case of the same person or thing, it lasts 10 minutes. An example of Breaking NLR is this: You have a gun store, and a group of thieves starts to break in to the back during a raid. You die after they break in, and they go to steal your valuables if you have any. You decide to immediately head back to your store with a gun and shoot the thieves who killed you, without waiting any sort of time.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

metagame is when RP is being blatantly ruined by a player by using out of character mechanics in an RP situation. An example is a cop arresting a hitman for having the "hit accepted" sign over his head.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

Record it, and tell the player to stop before action is taken. If they continue or do it again, record it and turn in the evidence.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would tell the players to wait, jail the player, and continue the sit. After the sit was over, if the Mass RDMer hasnt been dealt with, I will bring him to the sit area and ban him.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would bring both into a sit, and carefully explain to them how I am still an admin and it is my duty to stop people from breaking the rules before letting them go with a verbal, (or possibly regular, if they were disrespectful or unwilling to comply), warning and removing all of their street props.

Pros: Active

Cons: Mingey, Have had bad experience's with you, Warn's and Ban's concern me

Conclusion: Jimbles to me I do not think you are ready to be part of staff because you are very Mingey in game with props and with your Mic and I think you should work on those things but rather than that I am going to have to say -1 for me and I think you should Re-Apply in 2-Weeks.

-Simon04

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.