Jeffrey's Staff Application

Jeffrey

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? Jeffrey Epstein

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/id/YeetermyPeeter/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) Jheff#3812

a4) What timezone are you located in? Eastern US

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? 2

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? I have, but I do not believe it was a valid reason. I was banned for 5 hours by "BOB THE PICKLE" for prop minging. I made an appeal so I am not going to go too in depth, but I spawned a desk prop, and my buddy thought it was funny that it shot off a hobo's enclosed area, so I did it twice more, and received a ban immediately after, with no explanation or anything.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I have been staff on many servers throughout the years, I will list them off chronologically from oldest to latest. I was originally a Moderator on PlatinumHDGaming, which was up for around 5 months before the owner moved on to college. I then owned my own militaryrp server for a couple years, and then eventually co-owned a darkrp server named RevenantRP.
Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? I would love to volunteer as staff on XenoRP, this is mainly because of my love for this server, and seeing situations in which people mass rdm, propblock spawn, or break other vital rules without punishment was becoming unfathomable. Seeing dedicated players getting rdmed or become victims of rule breakers and not being able to find sits (this happens to me as well, daily), is completely unfair. I want to volunteer so I can help the dedicated player base have fun without interruption, and welcome new players into the player base without them having to go through the same thing I did. I want to help improve the staff situation on this server, I want to help change how staff view sits or players. Currently, it seems as if T-mods and some mods only see sits as quotas that need to be met, and players as ways to get their quotas. This should not be the case, staff should want to help players, they should want to help improve the server, and lastly, they shouldn't care about a quota being met, they should care about the people they come into contact with, and that is why I want to volunteer for XenoRP, I want to be that mod that doesn't care about the quota as much as the players.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I would be a good moderator not only because of the experience I have gathered over the years, but because this may be the first server I want to be staff on for a genuine reason. I care about this server, the community and people are genuine, and are amazing to talk to. I want to help make this server as fun as possible for everyone involved, while keeping everyone in the boundaries of the rules. This may make me a good decision for moderator. I won't think about quotas that should be met, I will think about people, what they say and who they are, and their argument or discussion in a sit. I have friends on this server, but in no way could be bias towards them, as that would ruin the fairness that I've been preaching about this whole application.
Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM: Random Death-Match. This is when a player randomly kills another player. This, a lot of the time can be done by accident, whether that be crossfire, or a misunderstanding between players, or etc. In the case of an accidental RDM, by a player who is somewhat trustworthy and has not gotten in trouble before, I would verbally warn, make sure they understand what they did, and let them off the hook. If they were to do it again, I would be forced to warn them for RDM. Sometimes although, servers get people who want to Mass RDM, this is where I would get some more serious punishments in play. As soon as I would see a Mass RDM report, I would spectate the suspect, if it were true, I would immediately jail, and then ban the suspect for 2 weeks for Mass RDM.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR: New Life Rule. This rule states that whenever someone is killed, fairly or unfairly, they are to forget their past life, and go on as if nothing had happened before. If this is broken, it could be unfair to raiders, muggers, hitmen or etc. This can be broken if a suspect's base is raided and suspect is killed and raided successfully, said suspect comes back mid-raid and kills the raiders. This is completely and utterly unfair to the raiders as they have already killed this suspect. Next, a mugger could end up killing a suspect. This suspect thinks they can go back and kill the raider, and in doing so, violate not only NLR, but also Revenge RDM. This can be broken the same way as if a hitman were to kill you.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is when a player sees something happen outside of the main roleplaying game, and use it in game to their advantage. This can be seen by a player reading OOC chat and using it to help them. An example, is a mug or kill by a hitmen being broadcasted in the kill feed, this cannot be seen by a cop and warrant an arrest or want. Another example is a keypad code being seen in OOC. Someone cannot use said code to raid a base, as that is metagaming as well.
Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I would start by talking to them, asking why they are doing what they are doing, and how it can affect the people being abused against. If this does not deter them initially, then I would have to resort to recording the abuse and taking it to be seen by one of the two owners of the server, as this can ruin the experience of every player on the server, and completely destroy the fun and uniqueness of XenoRP as a whole.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I immediately would jail the Mass RDMer and finish the current sit I am taking. After the conclusion of the current sit I am taking, I  would address the mass RDMer, make sure I have the situation correct and that he is actually RDMing. Finally, I would ban him for 2 weeks for Mass RDM and fix the situation that occurred.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would talk to the two guys and make them understand that they cannot build in the streets, and that a nice alternative would be to switch to hobos and build on the sidewalk. If they ignored this verbal warning and kept building in the streets, I would have to resort to warning them in the server for FailRP. If they still continued to build in the streets, I might have to resort to a short ban or maybe a kick to deter them from building in the streets again.

Edited by Jeffrey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.