mmscott2004's moderator application

mmscott2004

)a1 What is your in-game (RP) name?

mmscott2004

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198963818247/home/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Varmit2368#7352

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Mountain Standard Time

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

None

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

No i havent been banned

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

No i havent

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

It seems like a really cool opportunity, i like the server and have made some friends on it. But i see alot of people breaking the rules and sometimes when i'm on there aren't any moderators on. I think it would be great for me to help keep the peace and be a more important part of the server

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I'm attentive and can stay calm. I would be able to keep my influence as moderator under control and not abuse for my own means. 

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM or random death match is when a player attacks another player/s at random without any reason found in DarkRP. This would be them attacking people at random or getting mad and attacking somebody because of a grudge. RDM usually consists of an advert not being used properly or at all. A punishment for RDM would be consist of warns/ temporary bans/perminent bans. Of course this depends on how severly they were RDM'ing

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR or New Life Rule is a rule that states any time you die you are a new person or have a new life. This means a person cannot go back to where they were for a bit or continue any actions that were occuring before they died. An example of someone breaking NLR would be a person getting killed during a raid and going back to their base to try and protect their stuff. Another example would be a cop getting killed during a pd raid and going back to the pd to protect it.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

metagaming is when a person watches logs to get information to use ingame. Like a cop might watch the logs and see that a person killed another person. Than the cop would proceed to find the attacker and arrest them. Anothe

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I wouldn't confront them but i would record evidence of them doing abusive actions. Then i would proceed to take the evidence to someone in a a higher position then them.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would jail the person mass RDMing and then proceed with my current sit. Once finished with that sit  I would then go to the RDMer and punish them most likely with a ban of a few days.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would talk to them and politely ask them to stop and to delete all of their props, and if they didnt listen i would warn them and if they continue to not i listen i would kick or ban.

Edited by mmscott2004

From my interactions with you, you seem like a nice guy. However, you need to read over the rules a bit more. Some night this week I got quite a few sits requested by you in which you were frantically attempting to get other players in trouble for situations that they did not break any rules in. This showed me that you do not know the rules well enough and need more time to learn them.

fix d2) The MassRDMer would be banned for 2weeks, not a few days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.