JohnnyToast's Trial Mod Application

ScoobaJack

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? | JohnnyToast

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. | https://steamcommunity.com/id/AnActualFutanari/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? | Scooba#0356

a4) What timezone are you located in? | Central Standard Time (CST)

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? | Three.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? | I have one, expunged, permanent ban for using an auto-clicker to quickly upgrade money printers. I was unaware that counted as an exploit, and requested to be unbanned 6 months later. This request was accepted about a week after it was made.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? | I was a moderator for a few months on a Murder server commonly known as "Doki Doki Murder".

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? | I've seen a severe lack of staff on recently, early in the mornings. I see too many people trolling when only 4 or 5 people are online.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? | I like everything to be in top shape, and making sure people know that XenoRP's rules are different than most other servers is my number one objective in terms of keeping the server in line at the moment.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. | RDM, or "Random Deathmatch", is a fairly common rule in nearly every Role Play game. The rule is broken when a user attacks (and usually kills) another user without any RP relation. If you witnessed this happen, or the user killed writes a ticket to contest the murder, and the evidence shown proves the attacker guilty, give them one warning. If the user continue's up to 3 times (I believe), You may kick them for MassRDM.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. | NLR, or the "New Life Rule" is a rule that keeps a sense of realness to the game, preventing users murdered in a Role Play situation after being killed, to interfere with their past objective until it is over. A very common example of this rule being broken is when a Law Enforcer is killed while the Police Department is being raided, and he respawns to try and take down the raider again.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. | "Metagaming" is when two or more users use Intel from a source outside of the game, or games intended functionality. An example of two users metagaming is when one uses a kill bind to clip through the walls of a base to see the inside, then telling their partner the weaknesses of said base through a third party communication source such as Discord, giving themselves unfair advantages during their raid on said base.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? | Immediately take a screenshot or two to provide evidence of the situation, then right a complaint on the forums, along with info on what they were doing. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? | Quickly find the username of the rule-breaker, jail them, and finish the sit you were previously dealing with. After the sit is over, deal with the killer if another mod hasn't already.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. | Tell them to remove the props, and not to continue. If they do not listen, warn them both.

Edited by ScoobaJack

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? | I've seen a severe lack of staff on recently, early in the mornings. I see too many people trolling when only 4 or 5 people are online.

I’m going to go ahead and neutral lean +1 you just for this. This single response here shows me that you have a pretty good awareness level on the server. What makes this comment different from most “no staff are on” comments is the fact that you understand this is kind of a recent problem.

Considering that, I also feel like you know what the server needs based on the rest of your post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.