Thomas JM's (Major Tom M's) Application

Thomas J M

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Major Tom M

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029990447/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Thomas JM#5210

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Central Standard Time (GMT-6)

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Two years ago for mass NLR. Cant remember the incident but I had reduced time for honesty.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Prior experience owning my own server "Tom's Build n' Chill"

Moderator on Mile's Mango Munch

Administrator for User2G's HL2RP 

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? As of late I have been playing xenoRP on odd hours and have noticed a lot of chaos. I'd like to aid current staff in taking on the increased volume of tickets.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I have experience with the servers community. I have been a long time member for almost 3 years. Players generally seem to like me and I can handle situations in ways that leave involved parties satisfied.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

Random deathmatch: The act of killing or damaging a player with no valid RP reason. Usually the offending party is warned for each instance, three or more in the same instance is a Mass RDM punishable with a two week ban. Repeated offenses may illicit a ban.

Random Arrest: The act of arresting players for no rp reason. Usually punished with a warn for each instance, and maybe a force demote. 3 or more instances in rapid succession is considered Mass RDA and is punishable with a two week ban. Multiple instances may result in a ban.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

New Life Rule: When dying a player is supposed to forget about everything leading to their death and not act on those factors. They are expected to avoid the area they died in for two minutes. In the case of a raid they must wait until the raiders advert over. Players would be in violation of NLR if you put a cap in their disgusting grizzog for insulting your mothers honor and then returning immediately to continue to insult your mothers honor. Or perhaps you have decided to raid the police department and a band of omnipotent police clones seemingly pour in through the front door time and time again as though it were a dimensional rift.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame is the use of knowledge a reasonably normal individual in your situation wouldn't have access to. A reasonably normal person being a real human being in a real life situation. A real life person would not see "Hit Accepted" above a mans head when being hunted like in Richard Connell's short story "The Most Dangerous Game." A realistic human being wouldn't have a trained sniper over discord in their head telling them they just got punched half way across the map out of eye sight.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? Break out the ol' VHS recorder and make a small docuseries to submit on the forums and to zyngas.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? Jail tp the player off to the side of the sit, handle my current one, and then punish the mass rdm'r with a 2 week ban.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. Remove their props, ask them to use the hobo class, and keep the props to the curbs.

Thomas's Resume Censored.txt

Edited by Thomas J M
Censored resume because I dont want people knowing my address and im a moron. Updated bans list. Added file sauce.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.