MCMC's Trial-Mod Application

MCMC

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

MCMC

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198151858905/`

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

MCMC#1251

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

Zero

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

No, I have not been banned.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I had a brief experience as a trial mod on a server called GarnetGaming.net

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

Well I've spent many hours on the server and have come to enjoy my time there. In addition I wanted to help the server outside of just donating, and from what I've seen mods have trouble dealing with all the havoc that occurs so I thought I try giving them a hand.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

Well outside of wanting to keep the server running, I have a knack for staying up late into the night so I would be on to catch any rule breaking that happens late at night when other mods are asleep or busy with life outside of gmod. Plus I have received advice on how to conduct myself from current mods so Im confident that said "training" will help me be an efficient mod on the server.
Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM is commonly known as random death match. This is when a player fights and kills another player for no reason/ with no rp reason. If a player were to commit such act they would be banned. Similar to RDM, RDA is when a player arrests another for no fair reason. If a player were to commit such act they would be banned. 

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is known as the New Life Rule. This means once your character dies, all past knowledge must be forgotten. They must wait 120 seconds before they can return to their location of death or wait till the raid they were in is over. Examples of breaking NLR are:

• Returning to a raid after being killed during it.
  • Instantly running out of spawn to arrest someone after they killed you, even if at the time they were not breaking any laws (This also counts as RDA).

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is when you use knowledge that would be outside of your character's. Examples of metagaming are:

• Looking at who owns a door to find someone
  • Holding down the speak button to find someone (By seeing who's name pops up under people who can hear you).
  • Using door codes to break into a base you were once apart of.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

I would record and take pictures of said admin abuse while contacting someone who could deal with the abuser via the forums or discord. Then submit the evidence to the forums or discord.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would instantly jail and ban them as to prevent further rdm. The reason I would instantly ban them is because, from what I've seen, players tend to gather around the perpetrator to offend them and call them slurs. Then finish the sit I am currently in.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

While people think it is ok to do this since no one else is on so it wouldn't be effecting them, it is still breaking the rules. I would delete said props on the streets and give them a warn.

Edited by MCMC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.