Zervide's Trial-Moderator Application

Zervide

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Zervide

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Starfisherr/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

0ping#0999

a4) What timezone are you located in?

PST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

I have no in-game warns at all.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Yes I was banned two years ago 3 different times for an hour a piece. The reason was for exceeding the warning threshold. I do not recall these bans to be fair and I do not want them to impact me and how I am in the future as the past is the past and there is nothing I can do to change what I did back then.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Yes I was Sr.Mod on Icefuse for several months, as well as moderator on their CityRP server. This was about a year and half back.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I have played this server for many years as well as been playing other DarkRP servers for many years and I feel Xeno will always be my go-to server. I like how the server has stayed original with everything such as their map, plugins and staff team. I love the community that is based around Xeno whether it's the group of thieves that raids my base at 1am or the singing hobo’s that put a smile on my face every time I see them. All these things make me want to become apart of the staff team to help keep this server and the amazing community around it running.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I have a few different strengths that I feel would help me be a good moderator.

1 - I'm a very outgoing person, I love talking and meeting new people and I feel this has a big benefit to being a moderator due to the massive amount of different people going in and out of the server on a daily basis.

2 - I'm a very unbiased person, I'm always looking at situations from different perspectives and I always use my best judgement before making a final decision. No matter if you are my good friend or not, If you are in the wrong I will call you out for it. I feel this is another good strength because I have seen some of the tough situations admins/moderators have been in.

3 - I'm a very cool and collective person, I do not get angry easily at all and I'm usually laid back for the most part. But it doesn't mean I cannot be strict when I need to be or put people in their place when needed.

4 - My time zone and schedule, Due to me being PST during the late hours of the night when I'm online there is a 2-3 hour window where I almost never see staff online. This is the time when most of the problems come. Just in the last week during these times I have encountered two different mass rdm’rs. It feels bad as a normal player watching people being RDM’d and not being able to do anything about it. I feel me being able to be on during these times are a big strength as I can deal with certain situations at the time of them happening rather then other staff members having to deal with it when they get on.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM - Random Deathmatch. RDM/Random Deathmatch is when a player kills another with no reason or RP relation to do so. RDM results in a warning, if the player RDM's again it results in a second warning. If the player RDM's a third time this usually results in a 2 week ban for MRDM. 

(Example - A player leaves the PD after talking to the mayor and gets gunned down by a gun dealer)

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR - New Life Rule. NLR/New Life Rule is a rule applied to a player on death. The NLR stops a player from using information from their previous life to attack other players or interact with their previous life whatsoever. This rule also prevents the player from returning to the are of death for 120 seconds. (Example - A cop killed in a PD raid returns and kills the raiders after dying once already, This would be considered NLR.)

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame is used to define situations where a player has used information to his advantage in which he would not normally be able to obtain in RP situations.

(Example 1 - A hitman hears money printers in a base so he switches to pro thief to raid the base. This would be metagaming.)

(Example 2 - A citizen hears thief's in the PD through the walls talking about a PD raid so he switches to police. This would be metagaming.) 

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:

d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

Record and screenshot all the evidence I can, then I would report the situation and evidence the the higher up staff members immediately. Not interfering with the situation myself as that is not my job and it could make it worse. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would jail TP them to an area where the situation can be better handled, I would then contact another staff member and ask them to deal with it. If no other staff member is available or online I would give him the 2 week ban punishment, then return to my previous sit and apologize to the player I was in a sit with in the first place.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would first approach them in a nice manner and ask for them to remove the props from the street, I would also explain to them that the hobo job offers them the ability to be able to build on the sidewalks. So I would give them the chance to either remove the props or switch to hobo and move the props to the sidewalk. If they continue building in the streets I would give them both a warning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.