Milk's Moderator Application

Milk

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

The OG Milk Man

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066661394/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Milk#6208

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Central

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

1 Currently (messing around with a friend, nothing serious or bad)

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Yes, from a t-mod who saw a different version of the story than what actually happened but was just messing around with friends and it happened, but hey I haven't done anything like "bad", was just having a little too much fun with friends.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

XenoRP (Mod+)

IceFuse (Moderator)

My own server (2x)

A server that I lost the name of but was there for like 2 years, grew a lot and then vanished (Head Admin)

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

It is a growing and very amazing community that I want to help grow and flourish to the best of my ability and overall help those who intend to roleplay have an enjoyable experience within XenoRP. I would just like to improve the players experience and help them have a good time within the community. I love seeing people work things out and get over their differences (when applicable) but sometimes that doesn't happen and people just come to "troll" which I understand but this is not the right time or place for that, so I just want to improve the experience of everyone and make sure they have a good time.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I think I would be a good moderator because I consider myself friendly, unbiased, and I give everyone a chance to give their side of their story and explain what happened in their eyes and make a decision to the best of my ability, and hopefully not impacting their play. I am also very laid back and chill but take things seriously and I have a lot of knowledge about Garry's Mod and Servers in general and could bring these skills to this amazing community to help it grow and flourish and remain "toxic-free".

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

• RDM also known as random death match is when a player randomly kills someone for no reason and/or is upset about something that happened and put their anger into actions. (Punished with a warn (for 1x) -depending on the amount killed would result in a jail, kick, or even a ban depending on the amount of times they killed people/kept killing them, I would want them to read the motd the first time and overall help them understand the rules and especially the rules that they violated)

• RDA aslo known as random arrest is when a player (most likely a police officer) arrest a citizen for no reason and is therefore "RDA" because there is no reason behind the arrest. (Punished with a warn-again depends on the case maybe it was an accident but unarrest and warn the arrester, and talk to them saying you can't do that and explain the rules, basically I would handle it almost the same as RDM with reading the motd and I would read it to them if need be, but I would jail/warn them depending on the case)

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR is the "New Life Rule" and is whenever you die within darkrp you have to forget your "past" life because you have died and you don't remember what happened or how you died (includes who killed you),  this rule is most often violated when a raid occurs and the defender is killed and they return to defend their base and kill the attackers. It is a common problem within darkrp but is easily resolved. (Lasts for 2 mins unless you died in a raid, then you must wait until the raid is over before returning)

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame is whenever you learn something from say a friend in discord or teamspeak that you would otherwise not know, for example your friend finds printers in a base and tells you in discord or teamspeak that you haven't seen yourself and now know the exact location of because of it, or you're informed of a base location. It's basically the same as "ghosting" when spectating in say prop-hunt. Another example is with police so say one cop sees meth in a base and dies and then tells you to want them so you do and then raid them. So knowledge you learned from a third-party source to help yourself and gaining the "upper hand" on your opponents

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

If I saw a higher up abusing their powers than I would try to record or at least take pictures of what is going on and report them on the forums regardless of the consequences or grudges against me, I would report them as it is my duty to help the community even if that means reporting a fellow moderator. I would also try to contact another moderator so I could possibly get a witness to see what is happening and would try to tell the abuser to stop and just have a chat with them and see what is going on, then report on the forums once I have a understanding of the situation and would report them (if applicable)

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would tell my "sitees" to hold tight while I go check on the mass rdming that is occurring and jail them and finish my sit until another moderator to deal with it as I'm already in a sit, or would try to contact another moderator if they are on XenoRP at the time but If I was by myself I would tackle the sit first while jailing the RDMer and grab their steamid

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would tell them that if more people joined that they would have to remove it as it interferes with the server flow and I know they just want to have fun and I understand that but I think that If it was just them that It would be okay unless more peopled joined, then I would tell them to remove it and if they don't then I would remove it myself and verbally warn them.

p.s. Thank you for looking at my application, I know this takes time and effort to read and review so thank you!

extra info about me: I'm 18 (almost 19), Have a lot of free time because college I have lot's of days of nothing, I'm experienced with creating gmod addons and codding along with moderating servers. I taught myself Lua, C++ (some but it is super silly), and XML.

Edited by Milk
Fix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.