Flak's T-Mod Staff App

Flak

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Flak

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198884582971/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Flak#3653

a4) What timezone are you located in?

EST

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

No, never expecting to

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

Yes, Presidential RP, I have owned a server, been Senior Mod twice, Super once, Admin 2 times, adn T-mod and mod multiple times.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.

b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I want to become part of the staff team for multiple reasons. Firstly, after playing on the server for what I feel is a decently long time, I have witnessed the server grow its player base from what seemed like 10 at peak to now a stable 30 each day, with a growing player base is a growing demand for responsible and mature staff members, whilst I have also studied the staff guidelines and know people from the current staff team well and would already feel comfortable taking sits and ensuring the server is running smoothly. Secondly, I take great pride in helping people... I currently go out of my way to aid new players and teach them all I know to ensure they have the best experience possible on the server whilst still staying within the server rules. Lastly, I feel I can just overall help out the staff team, currently, I see a lot of people complaining how their problems and reports do not get answered, which causes them to get frustrated and often leave.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

I would take as many sits as I could, and would help as many people as possible. I would also be able to be on a lot of time because my football season just ended. I am also willing to dedicate any time that I have left over from the day, and school to get on the server and help the player base grow. I am willing to help with addons and development from previously owning a server. Overall, I think as a Mod I could help the player base grow and help retain a non-toxic community.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM- “Random Death Match” is when a player kills another player without reason. If the have a valid reason such as warning then 3 times, or having a KOS sign, then they would be allowed to kill them. If a player RDM’s I would first give them a verbal warning if they have no other warns, but if they have other warns I would warn them for RDM. If they do it again, I would ban them for 3 days or longer depending on the severity of the case.

RDA- “Random Arrest” is when a player is randomly arrested for no reason. If the person is breaking a law, or wanted, then they would be able to be arrested. I would follow the same rules as I did for RDM therefore resulting in a verbal warning or a physical warning, and if they keep doing the action, I would ban them for a considerable time.

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR- “New Life Rule” is when a player gets killed then comes back to the same spot very shortly after. For example, if a player is getting raided and gets killed, they cannot come back and kill the raiders until they /advert over. If they do NLR I would ask them if they knew that they did the action and give them a verbal warning, but if they do it again I would warn or kick them.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagame- When a player is non-RPing. For example, a player says “lets raid that base” and some other player walks up and say, “the code is 1234”. This would not be allowed because it is out of the players knowledge that is raiding. Therefore resulting in a warn for metagame.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:

d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

If a staff member of a higher rank as me was abusing his powers, I would try to get proof of him abusing the powers by either recording or screenshotting the actions being abused, then I would try to get him/her to stop, while contacting a higher up, and even if they stopped I would still show an admin of a higher rank what they were doing with the proof, and a possible punishment. 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

I would freeze them and continue the sit that I’m in, then I would ban the permanently for Mass RDM, and give people their stuff back that they lost from being RDMed.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

I would first ask them politely to stop building in the streets, and if the continue, I would warn/ban/kick them on the severity of the cause.

Pros: 

Application looks good

seems to have decent knowledge of the rules

Seems to be an alright guy all around

Cons

Other than the family sharing thing, none

Conclusion:

In all honesty, im gonna want to look into this before making a decision. if you being banned was a while ago, i might be forgiving cause everyone makes mistakes. Everyone has done something that they regret, however if the family sharing thing is recent and true (which Greg wouldnt have brought this to our attention in the way that he did if it wasnt a concerning matter) then i am going to have to give you a negative reply. As of now i stand Neutral until i see what this is about, i will decide my final decision soon!

Edit: After finding out that you are banned on discord, Im changing this to a -1. Sorry 😞

Edited by DaBreadCrumbs
Made my final decision.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.