brent staff app

brent

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? brent
a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/id/walruss_/

STEAM_0:1:63643997
a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) brent#3333
a4) What timezone are you located in? Est
a5) How many in-game warns do you have? 30.
a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? 12. One ban was from a staff member as a joke when I was staff, most were when I was mingy as hell.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? 
I was a previous Senior Mod on Xeno.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?
I'd like to make amends for my past actions, I really miss being staff on gmod and would like a chance to prove that I can change.
b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?
I have previous staffing experience on Xeno, and can keep an unbiased opinion during sits.
c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.
RDM – Random Death Match
    Punishment: Warn, and if Mass RDM or Repeated RDM it would become a ban.
RDA – Random Arrest
    Punishment: Warn, and if Mass RDT or Repeated RDT it would become a ban.
c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.
NLR – New Life Rule is when violated when a player is killed and then returns to the place he was killed or retains knowledge from his previous life.
    Example: Player 1 begins raid on Player 2, Player 1 kills Player 2 and then Player 2 goes back to his base and kills Player 1. Player 2 would be violating NLR and should receive a warn.
c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.
Metagame - Using outside resources for an in-game advantage.
    Example: A player tells a hitman where their hit is in discord.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?
I would try to capture video evidence of the staff member abusing their powers and then would notify either an admin or owner.
d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?
I would jailtp the player mass rdming to me and ban them for 2 weeks and then proceed to finish my sit.
d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.
I would ask them to stop and let them know that they could become a hobo and build on the sidewalk, but not the street and if they continued, I would give them a warning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I have a huge amount of warns and bans but they are all from a couple months ago my last one was feb.8th I think, After my discord ban I've strived to be less toxic and I think I've achieved that, all I want is a second chance.

Thanks, 

Edited by walrus

I would like to say a few things regarding this. To start with you are quite the person. You have a side to you that other people may deem to be be rude racial and awful, which makes sense. However over the course of the past few weeks you have gotten a bit better. You helped people out in discord, had civilized conversations with people and made up with some staff that you have had bad interactions with. When you were staff here before and not as much of my friend, you were really good. The sits were well explained and you reasoned really well with players. You were doing so good at the time you were recommended S mod 1 or 2 weeks early because we thought you would complete that role well.

Overall: I do think you can be a good moderator and bring beneficial aspects to the staff team. You do not act like a La-Monkey when taking sits or helping people, you do it more with just friends. I would like to happily give you a +1.

My opinion on brent:

If brent can be respectful during all sit's that you take and act appropriately in game then honestly I don't think you would be a bad staff member.

Conclusion: personally I wouldn't mind you be on the team if you are serious about this.

+1 also nice app

You were a good staff member when you were on the team about a year ago. My concerns is your behavior. If you have the on/off switch for friends vs players than great. I just haven't seen enough of the good side recently, and I feel like it take more than a few days to prove that. I mean you just got off of a long ban from your behavior. Be like TheWalkingWalrus, and less of brent.

I have no idea how I feel about this application. 

First of all, I would also like to welcome you back to the server.

Here's my thoughts.

Having you as a partner during my experience as staff was great all in all. However, I did see you spiral out of control at the end of your career. You just recently joined back to the server to start playing and it's nice to see you around from time to time. You've changed as a person to me. 

Now I'm going to leave my best judgement here for now and I hope you can respect my decision. This is only based on the recent actions I've seen you partake in on the server. 

Overall: Neutral (leaning towards +1)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.