♥ Luci ♥™'s Moderator Application

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name?

Lucina

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/LuciTheKahuna/

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234)

Lucina™#0457

a4) What timezone are you located in?

Central

a5) How many in-game warns do you have?

Only one for fading doors. Since the incident, I've learned how to properly set up a fading door that is raid-able and not just for aesthetic purposes. 

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why?

Never been banned from Xeno or any other server.

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where?

I used to Co-Own/Be a developer on multiple servers including IPE (Imperial Entertainment), AGS (Arche Gaming Studios), and PGN (Prism Gaming Network). IPE specialized in DarkRP while AGS and PGN had multiple gamemodes but also included DarkRP.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP?

I enjoy assisting in server development and helping new players learn gamemodes. I also just love getting to know regulars and have new players become regulars due to enjoying their time on the server.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator?

My ability to adapt quickly in any environment or with any changes implemented makes me an excellent candidate for a moderator, as well as that I have experience with running servers and am literate in the DarkRP gamemode.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished.

RDM – Random Death Match: This is when a player randomly attacks and kills another player. Example: A cop player randomly running up on a civilian player and shooting them counts for RDM. If this is a first offense, an Admin sit would be necessary and a warn should be given. If this is a multiple offense, then the player should no longer be on the server temporarily. (Kick/Temp Ban with reason RDM)

RDA – Random Arrest: This is when a player who has a job that has the capability to arrest goes around arresting other players without reason. Example: A cop player runs down the street and spams arrest on random players. If this is a first offense, an Admin sit would be necessary and a warn should be given and the job stripped from the player. If this is a multiple offense, then the player should no longer be on the server temporarily. (Kick/Temp Ban with reason RDA)

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated.

NLR – New Life Rule: This means a player who died cannot return to the place of death and retaliate. Example: If a player dies in a base raid, they cannot return to the base and shoot the raiders. They must wait until the player /advert raid over. A player who break the NLR rule should be in an admit sit and spoken to about how the rule works. If the player understands and continues to break NLR, then the player should be removed from the server with a warning.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence.

Metagaming is when a player applies RP data to Non-Roleplay data. So, if a player is watching the OOC chat and makes a player wanted based on the conversation they had OOC, this would be considered metagaming. This is a bannable offense.

(Player 2 = Cop. Player 1 = Mugger)

Example:

[ooc]Player 1:Let’s raid the PD.

[ooc]Player 2:Good luck.

Player 1 is wanted for raiding PD.

Player 1: /advert RAID

In this example, the cop player watched OOC chat and made Player 1 wanted prior to the player announcing the raid in RP chat.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react?

If I noticed a fellow staff member abusing their powers, I would approach them and try to get them to stop and remind them of the rules. Due to it being of the highest severity, I would also report this on the forums under the tab Report A Staff Member if a higher staff member above them is not immediately available to contact directly.

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation?

If I was in an admin sit with another player and noticed someone Mass RDMing, I would politely tell the player to hold on a second while I stop the current player. This is when I would grab the RDMer and bring them to the sit and jail them so they cannot continue RDMing. Once I finish the current sit, I would return the previous player and begin the second sit with the RDMer and provide them with the rules of the server, ask why they did what they did, and issue a final warning.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets.

Due to the lack of players on the server, I could understand why they are building in the streets. I would talk to both of them and advise them that they still need to build on a lot despite there being only two of them online at the moment.

Resubmitting with an updated version - Really enjoy this server and would like the opportunity to be a staff member or at least have my application considered. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.