RoyGeeBiv's Staff application

RoyGeeBiv

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? RoyGeeBiv

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342319766

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) RoyGeeBiv#2928

a4) What timezone are you located in? Eastern time zone

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? One warn for ARDA.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? N/a

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? I've moderated for several networks on Garry's Mod including Garnet, Ice fuse, Sandusky's RP and many more. I also have experience moderating for twitch streamers, Minecraft servers, Arma 2 Roleplay servers. I have more experience than listed, those are just a few examples.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? Well, for one I am very active during the late night hours when stuff goes wild. I really enjoy the server, but dislike when things go haywire. I would also like to be granted immunity from getting warned when If I were to break rules, and instead only be reprimanded with gentle reminders and never be warned, demoted, or ever have to take responsibility for my own actions or mistakes. I also want to help new players that need help learning and understanding the game. I'm a great teacher and can definitely teach people new concepts. I would also like to assist in helping my fellow moderators. I was recommended to apply by many moderators, so their opinion of my abilities is pretty good. Some of the recommendations I've received are "If you disagree, we can always use new staff members.", "If you want to decide how to punish players then apply", "If you care so much, put an application in". "Quit bitching about it and apply if you want to decide what the punishments are" I'm sure these stellar mods will, be quick to confirm their recommendation as mod.

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? I'm very experienced, and I am willing to teach people when they make mistakes. I would be a moderator who can recognize when a player makes an honest mistake, or if a player is purposefully breaking the rules. I would adjust my punishments accordingly. As a moderator I would also be very comfortable with the rules, and would not be hesitant to enforce rules. I'm not afraid to ask for help, and always have an open ear. I'm able to admit my mistakes if I were to make them, and am willing to work with the party that was wronged. I'm a quick learner, and have experience with blogs,awarns, and ulx. Overall I think I would be a great addition to the team, due to my prior experience, knowledge of the motd, and ability to admit my mistakes.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. RDM is when a player kills another without a proper reason. RDA is when a player arrests a player without proper reason. For first time offenders, a warn or verbal warn will sufficient depending on the circumstances. 

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. NLR Stands for new life role. This means if you die, you start a new life, and cannot return to the place of death for two minutes, and if there is an active raid, they must wait until the raid is complete. An example of this is when cops are killed in a pdraid, and then return to the PD to defend it after already dying. Another example would be if a player was killed by a hit, and returns to the same location within 120 seconds of their death.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. Metagaming is using information gathered from non realistic in game interactions. This can be anything from receiving information about a raider from a party member who already died, and is feeding you information via discord. Or it can be something like stream sniping someone, ie seeing someone who has printers on a steam, and then warranting them as a cop.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? First I message an admin or owner via discord. Second I would gather evidence while simultaneously asking the the staff member to stop abusing their powers. I constantly record, and getting evidence is often key to staff investigations. Sometimes asking the staff member to stop, might help alleviate the problem, as they might not even know they are abusing. If it's a severe abuse case, mass banning for example. I would try to stop the staff member who was abusing their command by using my commands provided to me. Kick/ban etc.(Depending on the ULX targeting) 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I would jail the player who is mass rdming , and would complete my admin sit. After my sit is complete I would talk to the player, and confirm that it was indeed mass rdm and not a mix up. Mix-ups happen. For all I know the player could have been countering a raid, or defending himself and it may have looked like mass rdm,. Players may even have submitted tickets thinking it was mass rdm, when in fact it was not. I think it's only just to ask them what happened prior to confirming that it was in fact rdm, and then banning them for two weeks.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. I would kindly ask them to stop building in the streets, and for them to remove their props. Rules still apply, even when the server is in low population. If they refuse, and decide to disobey my verbal warning. I would escalate my verbal to a legitimate warning and remove their props. If they continue to place props in the street again, another warning. If the players return after a kick, then a ban is warranted, as the players clearly have no intention to roleplay.

Edits:

So to respond to some of the comments I added on this little excerpt.

Greg: Please keep your personal distaste out of my application. You're acting spiteful because I justly reported staff members. Non of my staff reports were false and they all had proper evidence. Just like I stated in D1, if a staff member is abusing I'll report them. If it causes, "isolation", then I'm sorry, but my duty to report and make the server a better place comes first. Im sorry if my rightful reports isolated anyone, however I'm not sorry for making those reports because I believe it's fair to have some oversight from thr higher ups, and the best way to do this is to bring it to their attention with valid proof, and a staff report.

Teffa: Good news. I have a mic. So no worries about that. Also I've only ever been in one sit with you, and you were the one breaking the rules. Your sample size is not representative of the whole. Ive had plenty of sits and while I might suggest punishments I understand  that the mods decision is final and I drop the sit. The exception to this, is if the sit was conducted incorrectly.

Lolagaf: I'm not sure what I messed up in those portions. I can see how B1 might be misconstrued, but I'm not sure what your problem with B2 is. To further explain B1. The prompt asks for me to answer the question honestly. While I don't intend to break rules, or make mistakes, the fact that moderators are typically punished less severely and get verbals or verbal talked to for mistakes did factor in to my decision for applying. I like having a clean record, and would like to keep it that way. It's not meant to be rude or spiteful or high horsey. It's honest, and I would be lying if I didn't mention the perks of the job. Hopefully that clears that portion of the application up and you can evaluate it with a different perspective.

Also in B2, I list genuine traits I value in a Moderator, things I hold near and dear and legitimately believe they are important to effective moderation. I don't understand what your problem is with this section.

Lolagaf additional: I'm not trying to have a smartass attitude. Please understand that. Im really trying to be honest, and I'm explaining myself, as people often twist my words. Teffa's direct quote was "The majority of your sits". A majority is the larger part of a whole. You can't make an observation about the whole, when you are only going off such a small sample size.

Hopefully I addressed all of your concerns about my application. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me on discord a3.

Edited by RoyGeeBiv
Reponded to some concerns

Thank you for applying RoyGeeBiv

Pros

• Active

Cons

• I see you have some problems with other staff members

• I've never seen you use a mic or talk before always text chat in game

• What Greg has stated you have isloated vast majority of the team, by trying to tell the team how to handle situations in game during sits. Under server policies staff members reserve the right to use their best judgement when dealing with infractions not mentioned in the MOTD. Do not question their authority.

• Why I have stated that is because majority of the sits you have been involved with you always tell the staff member what to do and not allowing the staff member to do the job correctly to make it fair for everyone.

Overall

Neutral

Thank you

TEFFA

Edited by TEFFA
grammer

Alright Roy, after we came to a resolution last night, it was all okay. I told you to apply yes. And i would have gladly given a +1 to you. As you are on when staff typically is asleep. You also know the rules. Great! 

The part you messed up was in b1) and b2). It makes this application seem out of spite and not actually sincere. Plenty of comments that are not necessary and just show that you are not willing to move on. 

You had my +1 Roy, but you couldn't just let it go. Now you have my -1. Simply because of your high horse attitude. 

Added Comments.

Roy, you aren't helping your case here. Responding to the comments almost with a smart ass attitude just further proves to me why I should vote -1. Greg's response could have been more detailed and had some criticism, but we are still allowed to put our opinions here. Teffa never stated he was the whole sample size, he was just putting his input in.  And just to let you know, moderators are not exempt from punishment, we have even more to lose if we are punished, as we can/will get demoted. There is a system that goes on including staff strikes and demotions/promotions.

Edited by Lolagaf

• as Gibby stated, and that i have seen so far, I feel like your sits and arguments would become very hostile and could cause a lot of trouble. 
  • Although the App itself looks as if it has a lot of dedication and effort put into it.
  • But the edits afterward to reply to your reply's is unnecessary. The Staff team put's their input for other staff so they could get a second or third opinion on this application. Again, this is a PRIVILEGE to be on the staff team, and you are held at a higher standard than any player.

Overall, I'd take the time within these 2 weeks to really get yourself within the community. The original goal of this GAME is to have fun. But try not to ruin it for others, that's why a lot of long time members are slowly starting to dislike or even build a hatred for the staff team, and I feel as if you have a hatred for the staff team as is. I would not like to see you on the staff team with the attitude and background you have. But people change, things change. Try again in due time, but please not with pessimism and hate. 

-Parslee.

Hello Roy, thank you for making a moderator application! After reading it through, here is what I have to say.

•  You wrote a great deal and most of your answers were correct
  • Many staff members aren't fond of you, and I think bringing you on would cause divisons
12 hours ago, RoyGeeBiv said:

I would also like to be granted immunity from getting warned when If I were to break rules, and instead only be reprimanded with gentle reminders and never be warned, demoted, or ever have to take responsibility for my own actions or mistakes.

• I do not want someone who intends to break the rules. Also, staff members who break the rules are warned in-game.
  • 13 hours ago, RoyGeeBiv said:

Greg: Please keep your personal distaste out of my application

If accepted, Greg would be working with you. If he doesn't want to do so, he has every right to say

Neutral

You have a great understanding of the rules, and from what I've seen, you aren't very mingey, super active, great app, etc.

If you were to be accepted, you gotta work on 2 things. first, you need to understand that people can be given verbal warnings. Ive seen you want people being warned for the smallest things. The second thing is that you gotta start to agree with the staff team. Also, like others have said...you cant be exempt from in game punishments...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.