RoyGeeBiv Application

RoyGeeBiv

a1) What is your in-game (RP) name? RoyGeeBiv

a2) Provide a link to your Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342319766

a3) What is your Discord Tag? (ie: SomeUser#1234) RoyGeeBiv#2928

a4) What timezone are you located in? Eastern time zone

a5) How many in-game warns do you have? One warn for ARDA.

a6) Have you ever been banned? If so, explain why? N/a

a7) Do you have any prior staffing experience? If so, where? I've moderated for several networks on Garry's Mod including Garnet, Ice fuse, Sandusky's RP and many more. I also have experience moderating for twitch streamers, Minecraft servers, Arma 2 Roleplay servers. I have more experience than listed, those are just a few examples.

Please answer these questions with your honest opinion.
b1) Why do you want to volunteer for XenoRP? Well, for one I am very active during the late night hours when stuff goes wild. I really enjoy the server, but dislike when things go haywire. I also want to help new players that need help learning and understanding the game. I'm a great teacher and can definitely teach people new concepts. I would also like to assist in helping my fellow moderators. I was recommended to apply by many moderators, so their opinion of my abilities is pretty good. 

b2) If you were to get accepted, what do you think would make you a good moderator? I'm very experienced, and I am willing to teach people when they make mistakes. I would be a moderator who can recognize when a player makes an honest mistake, or if a player is purposefully breaking the rules. I would adjust my punishments accordingly. As a moderator I would also be very comfortable with the rules, and would not be hesitant to enforce rules. I'm not afraid to ask for help, and always have an open ear. I'm able to admit my mistakes if I were to make them, and am willing to work with the party that was wronged. I'm a quick learner, and have experience with blogs, awarns, and ulx. Overall I think I would be a great addition to the team, due to my prior experience, knowledge of the motd, and ability to admit my mistakes and ultimately grow as a part of the moderation team.

Please provide descriptive answers for the following questions:

c1) Define RDM/RDA and describe how players who perform those actions should be punished. RDM is when a player kills another without a proper reason. RDA is when a player arrests a player without proper reason. For first time offenders, a warn or verbal warn will sufficient depending on the circumstances. 

c2) Explain "NLR" and provide examples of instances in which it is violated. NLR Stands for new life role. This means if you die, you start a new life, and cannot return to the place of death for two minutes, and if there is an active raid, they must wait until the raid is complete. An example of this is when cops are killed in a pdraid, and then return to the PD to defend it after already dying. Another example would be if a player was killed by a hit, and returns to the same location within 120 seconds of their death.

c3) Define "metagame" and provide examples of its occurrence. Metagaming is using information gathered from non realistic in game interactions. This can be anything from receiving information about a raider from a party member who already died, and is feeding you information via discord. Or it can be something like stream sniping someone, ie seeing someone who has printers on a steam, and then warranting them as a cop.

Please explain how you would handle each of these situations:
d1) You see a higher up is abusing their powers to the highest severity, how do you react? First I message an admin or owner via discord. Second I would gather evidence while simultaneously asking the the staff member to stop abusing their powers. I constantly record, and getting evidence is often key to staff investigations. Sometimes asking the staff member to stop, might help alleviate the problem, as they might not even know they are abusing. If it's a severe abuse case, mass banning for example. I would try to stop the staff member who was abusing their command by using my commands provided to me. Kick/ban etc.(Depending on the ULX targeting) 

d2) During a sit, you see someone outside of the sit Mass RDMing. How do you handle the situation? I would jail the player who is mass rdming , and would complete my admin sit. After my sit is complete I would talk to the player, and confirm that it was indeed mass rdm and not a mix up. Mix-ups happen. For all I know the player could have been countering a raid, or defending himself and it may have looked like mass rdm,. Players may even have submitted tickets thinking it was mass rdm, when in fact it was not. I think it's only just to ask them what happened prior to confirming that it was in fact rdm, and then banning them for two weeks.

d3) Only two other players are online, and they're building in the streets. I would kindly ask them to stop building in the streets, and for them to remove their props. Rules still apply, even when the server is in low population. If they refuse, and decide to disobey my verbal warning. I would escalate my verbal to a legitimate warning and remove their props. If they continue to place props in the street again, another warning. If the players return after a kick, then a ban is warranted, as the players clearly have no intention to roleplay.

There are quite a few opinions on you, most being somewhat iffy but in all honesty, I don't think you'd be a bad moderator. Although many haven't seen much activity out of you, I don't think its really the best reason to give you a -1 considering you know a-lot of the rules and you seem pretty dedicated because you're application is really good and a lot less hostile. Because of that, I'm willing to give you a NEUTRAL (Leaning +1). All I want is to see more activity out of you. I am currently having PC Issues so I won't be active a lot which means i could miss when you're on. I will be sure to ask around to see if you're active from here on out and I will not mind changing my rating to a full +1.

NEUTRAL (LEANING +1)

Edited by jEK
English

I have noticed improvements in your application from last time and it looks good to me. You know the rules and you have prior experience. I don't want to weigh my opinion heavily on our last interaction, as it seem everyone was heated and it caused problems for everyone. I am sure you are not always like that, just frustrated at the situation and I understand that. 

I have not seen activity myself, but I believe that is just because we are on at separate times. Other players have stated you are active. I will try to be on when you are so I can hopefully get a stronger opinion. 

With all of this I am neutral leaning towards a +1. If you stick with it and I see improvement in game you'll earn my +1.

-Edit-

I have seen activity in game the past few days. I am changing my vote to +1. 🙂

-gaf

Edited by Lolagaf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.